Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back at the end of August I bought two Google Nexus 7 tablets for my wife and myself.

We are fairly mobile folks and our shared home laptop and my work laptop were both getting toward the end of their useful battery lives. I We are Android phone users so the new 7" Android tablet seemed the way to go. Well it was. We both love the convenience of the smaller format and it has enough power and storage (physical+cloud) to do what we need it to do.

Fast forward about a month and I notice that the display on mine has a flaw. It's not in the glass, but under it in the display itself. A small teardrop shaped spot that does not display dark grey or black colors. All other colors display fine in that area, but darker colors show this teardrop shaped empty spot. It didn't really affect function of any app at all, it was just annoying, particularly when trying to watch a movie or play a game with a lot of screen motion and dark colors.

Well I had a good bit of stuff going on so I put off calling for a couple weeks. Finally got around to that last Thursday. I called Google support, waited less than a minute on hold and got a tech support/product return person who handled my case quickly. I was on the phone for less than 5 minutes. Before I got off the phone I had an RMA ticket and UPS shipping label to return the defective unit in my gmail box. 2 business days later I had a replacement on my doorstep. The defective one went back via UPS today.

I am very pleased with both the tablet and the way my return was handled.

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is nice when it works that way, isn't it? It was good of you to put it out there for us, as well. Does the tablet have a phone in it?
It does not have a phone. It is WiFi only. That being said, you can use Google talk, Google +, or Skype to call or video conference with ease.

There is talk about a 32gb version with 3g/4g in the works. I'm good with just WiFi though. If I'm somewhere WiFi isn't available I got my phone.

For 199.00 it's tough to beat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.