Greensboro Gun Show - How'd you make out? | Carolina Shooters Club

Greensboro Gun Show - How'd you make out?

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by rantingredneck, Aug 25, 2007.

1. rantingredneck

rantingredneck Disposable apparently Lifetime Member

I ended up getting a Ruger P97DC for my Taurus 817 plus 40 bucks.

Also got a set of 30-06 dies and a Lee 4-hole turret plate. Good prices on both. Cheaper than ordering from midway by the time you factor shipping.

2. mekender

mekender Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

was broke when i went and was the same level of broke when i came out. so it could have been worse...

i managed to get some good info about how AR parts fit together and also managed to get hands on with a couple of pistols im looking at buying...

also got to play with the new Walther PPS... man that thing is tiny...

3. rantingredneck

I also got to hang out with Trazar and Bennnn for an hour or so while we wandered about. Briefly met a couple of the other guys from round here too.

I saw a few good deals around. Ruger P95 NIB for 299.00. That wasn't a great deal six months ago but after the Ruger price jump at the beginning of summer the best I've seen is 329.00. Usually more like 379.00.

Then you had deals like 400.00 for a new P89. Nope, no thanks. Great gun for the money but not that much money. Then you had 399.00 on a Rem 870 Express synthetic. What was that guy smokin?

4. rantingredneck

Yeah, I had about 100 bucks on me when I went in and came out with about 30 or so left.

5. bennnn

bennnn All bleeding stops eventually Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

I left with $220 more than I walked in with thanks to spooky.

:D :D

Also found a Canadian issue thermold 30 rounder in a box of used mags for $5.00!!

Managed to get a great deal on some 7.62x54r within the last few minutes I was there.

Still have that SKS.