GSO show | Page 4 | Carolina Shooters Club

GSO show

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by Range Master, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Thad

Thad Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Today's show was my least favorite Greensboro show ever. Absolutely packed even at 1:00. Difficult to see anything. Cost $5 to park, $10 to get in and then too crowded to see. Left with nothing, but disappointment. Wanted to add another bayonet to the collection, but nothing suitable.

Went to Outback afterwards and the steak was great. You win some and you lose some. Last Greensboro show I found a deal.

Thad

2. Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Yeah the $15 before you get to see anything sucks. I go there mostly to meet people. Sold a welder at the show today lol

3. Possible Suspect

Possible Suspect Registered Member

I got there about noon today. $5 to park. $10 to get in. Hot inside due in part to the mass of people. Lighting was so dim that I saw people using flashlights to see what they wanted to look at. Same as last year, there was not enough space for people to walk by the tables without getting bumped or shoved by other people. If you wanted to stop at a table and look at something, you were blocking the movement of other people (and I saw and heard a lot of short tempered people because of this). They need more space for people and they need better lighting. They have more space but they put up temperary walls to close it off. And as usual, I forgot where I parked my truck so I had to look for that before I could leave that "sardine can".

4. ulflyer

ulflyer Registered Member

Way too crowded, due to very narrow aisles. They should have opened the other room and not have crowded so many tables in by narrowing the aisle. Like the above, $15 and couldn't get to a table to look at guns. Sold a couple things, but didn't spend any of it.

Sunday will prob be a good day to go. It'll be empty early on.

5. Thad

Thad Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

[QUOTE="ulflyer, post:
    Sunday will prob be a good day to go. It'll be empty early on.[/QUOTE]

I think the tickets are only good for the day you purchase it. To go back is probably another $15. You are most likely right that the crowd will be lighter!

6. lucky13bullets

lucky13bullets Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

i actually caught it!!!

the vendor next to us commented how he must have been artillery cause he lobbed it perfect!

tomorrow, watch out for the scattergun!

Peter Griffin likes this.
  7. B00GER

B00GER Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

You did?

8. Beef15

Beef15 Well-Known Member

It was crowded, and hot, leave the coat in the car.
    A few of the aisles couldn't have been much more than five feet wide, pretty ridiculous when you can't pass if people are looking at stuff on both sides.
    Bit spendy getting in, but really all that disappointed me was not having enough disposable income. Looked at and handled a few things I'd been wondering about. Lots of reloading supplies compared to what I have seen lately, probably should've picked up some powder.
    In the end I left with what I set out for, a belt from Curt, good guy, knows everything about his product, also met Brian, not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

9. Peter Griffin

Yeah for a whopping $30 lol

10. 612

612 Guest

I came home with one of Curts belts also. I can't stand the crowds so I bolted after I got my belt.

11. B00GER

B00GER Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Oh...paid your entry!

12. Qball50

Qball50 Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

My son was there today and introduced himself to gunbelt. He went to the show today with a friend and his friend's Dad. I told him before leaving for the show to keep an eye out for Fatboy Belts' booth. I told him to introduce himself as Qball50's son if he saw Curt's booth. I guess he found it. Curt, if you see this, I hope my son Neil was courteous and respectful.

13. rskahle

rskahle Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

It was packed but I had fun, I picked up a new pistol, holster, and my kid got a wooden sword.

fishgutzy likes this.
  14. Glade8r

Glade8r Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

We went today. My daughter met Joe Teti from Dual Survival. That made her day! uploadfromtaptalk1422759891465.jpg

fishgutzy and lucky13bullets like this.
  15. rskahle

rskahle Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

What... How did I miss him!

16. knifeman32

knifeman32 Sponsor Club Subscribed

Extremely crowded yesterday. Between getting slammed and being hit with marshmallows, I was certainly tired when I got home. Then I woke up this morning with a 101 fever. It's going to be a heck of a day.

17. Peter Griffin

Damn. Good luck today

18. glockman30

glockman30 Member

anyone know if there were any good deals on 5.56 ammo. I think I am going this afternoon I haven't been to a show in a while because prices seemed no better than retail stores.

19. rantingredneck

rantingredneck Disposable apparently Lifetime Member

There is a good bit of it here but I haven't paid attention to prices.

20. Pumpkinslinger

Pumpkinslinger Not Subscribed

I went Saturday and wandered around. Bought some reloading stuff from Blue Collar (great folks!) and had a nice chat with Knifeman. I really wanted to buy a gun from him but fiscal responsibility won out. Maybe next time! I sure hope he kept his bug to himself ... ;)

21. rantingredneck

I searched in vain for a beater 1100. Plenty of pretty ones to choose from at decent prices. I just don't wanna cut and Cerakote a pretty one.

22. Hybrid Moments Pass

Hybrid Moments Pass Active Member

A little place called none of your dang business
    saw Dan G today, saw Curt but he was with someone so I just said hello and kept on

Picked up a Lansky sharpening kit for 10 bucks, has two stones on it, a medium and a fine
    And picked up a mint condition Leatherman Wave for 20 bucks, really good score that came in a LM sheath.

The last aisle in the left side was REALLY tight, ridiculous.
    Saw a lot of empty tables today

This weekend I bought two Leatherman tools...My collection just keeps growing

23. Dcgallim

Dcgallim Hall of Shame

I spent a lot of time talking to people from the forum today which is always good. Talked to Curt and ordered a holster for my S&W 625 and got a belt for my Grandpa. I also got a pineapple frag that I'm gonna tap and screw on to my PTO controls in my truck. Then Natty's was good as always of course. The folks who swore they'd eat lunch didn't. And Natty's isn't posted anymore for the person who commented earlier in the thread.

24. 612

612 Guest

Brian was supposed to let me know when yall was going to Natty's, I'll get over it after I stop crying. :)

25. ripv2

ripv2 Guest

Good to know. I went about two years ago and they had a revolutionary war musket with a "no" circle/slash through it. I wanted to barf at the irony.

Still, do yourself a favor sometime and gives Jake's a shot.

26. lucky13bullets

lucky13bullets Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

i am making a tactical map for the marshmallow guns next show... got Curt more than once, didnt get much return fire. and i couldnt hit the broadside of a barn if my head was stapled to it freehand... got to work on a scatter marshmallow gun for next time...

Thanks to everyone who stopped and said HI!

great show once again...

and got a great belt!!!!!!

27. rantingredneck

In was looking for you around 1130-12.I was gonna go.....but I went home and cried in rejection......

28. Peter Griffin

Wasn't as crowded today. Went and walked around with Dcgallim, Moody, and Hueston. Then went to Nattys
    dude I'm sorry, we walked the whole place 3 times and I thought about it when i first got there then I saw something shiny. Half the people THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO GO LEFT BEFORE WE WENT TO EAT LUNCH WITHOUT EVEN FINDING US TO SAY HELLO. Jerks :D

29. fishgutzy

fishgutzy Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

This was our first gun show EVAH.
    Time flies at the gun show. I didn't realize we had been there for just over 4 hours.
    First order of business was finding a Walther CCP for my wife to fondle. First one we found, she was able to handle and liked it. But the vendor was seriously gouging at $599. We walked away. Found the lowest price at Ed's. $409. After we got that we just walked around browsing for another 3 hours without realizing it was that long. Got our daughter a key chain pepper spray :)
    One observation though. Some vendors had what were more like Convenience Store prices rather than show prices.
    One booth had PMC 9mm box of 50 for the typical $14.99. Another booth, not 20 feet away had the same box for $21. You really have to pay attention. Similar with 22LR. Some vendors seemed oblivious to what was actually available. $50+ for a box of 500 that I can get at Bill's Gun Rack for $35.
    But the array of local craftsmen was awesome. That is the big plus. Some very nice belts but I'm still sticking with my $17 belt from Costco for now.

30. Beef15

Beef15 Well-Known Member

Sad to report the good ol' days of gun show special pricing are pretty much long gone, I'm not sure they ever really existed.
    My attendance is 50% for the convenience factor, 40% I have nothing better to do, and 10% hope of finding a hidden treasure I can afford.
    It was clear at this one there was no collusion among vendors, prices were all over the place on everything, guns, ammo cans, ammo, powder, primers.