Gun Room advice | Carolina Shooters Club

Gun Room advice

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cjm1989, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Cjm1989

Cjm1989 Registered Member

So, I was wondering if anyone may have some experience with this topic. Climate controlled gun room with guns displayed openly on the walls..what about all the dust? I know the rust shouldn't be an issue but what about all the dust they collect? If you have 100 guns on display..thats alot of guns you have to go around and dust off and wipe down every month. Can anyone give me advice here on this topic? Would it be better to display them in glass display cases? In a nice liberty safe inside the gun room with just a few guns on display? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. *I'm asking for a friend

2. Summersville Steve

Summersville Steve Registered Member

Tell your friend if he can afford 100 guns get the gun cleaning maid to dust them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Fortkevin2 and Bigdave0924 like this.
  3. Cjm1989

Ha lol..yea I know right!

4. JimB

JimB Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Proper, or even excessive, air filtration would cut the dusting way down. Keep the air handling separate from the system for the living quarters.

5. Cjm1989

Thanks! Great point. Ill have to check out the cost and setup. I've come to the conclusion that in a safe within the climate controlled safe room will prolly be the best bet. Also, being private and discret...nobody else will see the guns if they are being displayed on the walls except for yourself. Lol

6. 1up

1up Registered Member

Easy enough to add a filter to the supply and return to that room with the existing hvac system

7. JimB

JimB Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Yes, but if it’s separate it’s easy to optimize the temp and humidity which may not be the same as the living space.