Carolina Shooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a great gun safe for sale. I don't remember the brand but I want to say it is a Liberty. I have had it for a few years and have out grown it as you can see by the photos. When I bought it my wife hated the color, and since it was going into the house instead of in the garage (Man Cave), I sanded it all down and took it to my friends auto body shop and sprayed it. My wife picked Toyota Camry Gold, and it came out really nice. It is more of a tan than a bright gold. The lock is a S&G combination, not one of those battery operated locks that can fail. The new safe that I bought has the battery powered lock and I will be swapping it out ASAP. Dimensions are 20" deep, 30" wide and 63" tall, when I cropped the photo it came out looking real skinny, but it isn't, just go by the dimensions and you will see that it is a nice sized safe.. I had always planned to redo the interior but never got around to it. I am not going to ask a high price so I can haggle with someone, not the way I work. Bottom line is I need $500 out of this safe and it is worth every penny of it. Delivery can be arranged for $1 per mile round trip. My 1 ton diesel truck doesn't run air, and with the price of diesel nowadays this is a fair price. If you want me to deliver the safe, I can get it loaded here, but I will need help on your end to unload it. This will be posted on Craigslist as well as other gun forums. I will go by time stamp if I receive multiple "I'll Take It" replies. The safe is located in Mount Airy North Carolina. Well I think that sums it up. Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still getting numerous responses but can't get anyone to come to Mayberry to pick it up. Please, please, don't tell me you are coming unless you are 99% sure that you will be able to actually show up. I had three people yesterday that said they were coming and never showed up.Two didn't bother to even call. For the one that did call, thanks I appreciate that. I am starting to consider keeping it and use it for powder and primers.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No it isn't fire rated. If you want a fireproof safe all you need to do is line the safe with fireproof sheetrock. This is exactly how all the big safe companies do it. Some use a seal around the door that swells when a certain temp. I am told these can also be bought online cheap, but I haven't looked into it. I thought about redoing the interior and making it fireproof myself. But if I do it, I am going to ask $800 for the safe. I thought most would rather do it themselves for under a C Note and keep the $200 for themselves. If you would rather I do the work, leave me a deposit and let me know how you want it laid out. I can have it done in a couple days.
NCHornet

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am finally happy to report that the safe is gone. I had eight different people make appointments and claimed they wanted the safe and all eight never showed up. I am now convinced that a man's word means nothing any more, very sad statement, but it is true. I finally found a man who actually did what he said he was going to do and the safe is gone. In the end, I am glad that it went to someone who truly deserves it.
Later
NCHornet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.