Guns stocks are tumbling and prison stocks are soaring after Donald Trump won | Carolina Shooters Club

Guns stocks are tumbling and prison stocks are soaring after Donald Trump won

Discussion in 'Firearms News and Firearms related political news' started by turkeydance, Nov 9, 2016.

1. turkeydance

turkeydance Active Member

2. James Harnish

James Harnish Registered Member

That sounds about right. firearm companies have been gearing up for a clinton election, producing around the clock to meet the "mad rush grab" of fearful buyers. Now product is just sitting around.

3. Mad Dawg

Mad Dawg Registered Member

Sounds like a perfect buyers market for me!!! Both for guns in general and for the market itself. Time to go see what I can further do to secure my family's future.

4. geerubb

geerubb Member

I'm really hoping for some awesome black friday deals.

Mad Dawg likes this.
  5. Mad Dawg

Mad Dawg Registered Member

Me too!!! Anything "black" such as a new M&P45, or any of the mean "black" rifles will be just fine for me!!

6. RetiredUSNChief

RetiredUSNChief Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Sounds like a buyer's market, to me. That can't be bad!

7. Grungewehr39

Grungewehr39 Hall of Shame

I just might be able to afford the M-16 Vietnam era clone I've always wanted.

8. RetiredUSNChief

RetiredUSNChief Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Oh...and the gun stocks didn't "fall"...they "corrected".

They rose in anticipation of the election outcome. In fact, they likely would have risen somewhat anyway just due to the election itself, because there would have always been a chance that a Democrat (of any flavor) would have been elected.

The stock market rises and falls largely due to anticipation of certain future events. If these events don't pan out over time, the market moves back the other way.

Gun owners today don't have very short memories over the political issues...mostly because it's not going to go away in the news for a long time AND because a great many of us have been fighting the good fight for decades, now. Newcomers on the field may not realize it, but huge gains have been made with respect to our RKBA since the 70s, when gun control was at its peak after the GCA of 1968.

Starkherz199 and Threshold like this.
  9. RedneckFur

RedneckFur Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that this translates into some good sale prices this winter. I would love to see AK's return to their pre-Obama prices. Maybe we'll get really lucky with some $300 Black Friday AR's? :D

10. drypowder

drypowder Les Deplorables Club Subscribed

Raleigh, a little east of the Fairgrounds
    It is most certainly going to be a buyer's market.

Depends on one's perspective. It's not just the manufacturers who are left with a lot of inventory. I think a lot of dealers remembered 2012 and the shortages, especially the smaller dealers who had the hardest time getting their orders fulfilled. And these same dealers may have financed a large inventory in anticipation of a 'certain' Hillary victory.

Would not be surprised if a lot of small dealers go out of business. There simply is no rush to buy a firearm right now with prospects of 4 years of no further national level infringement, and in fact, many people who were close to buying probably bought in the months leading up to the election as they too anticipated a Hillary win. Various online dealers had stripped lowers mostly sold out for months at a time leading up to the election.

YeeHaa likes this.
  11. ForumSurfer

ForumSurfer Ar Hugger. Carpe diem per guttur . Club Subscribed

I pointed this out to a friend in a conversation when they noted short term 3 day rises. I gave a brief synopsis OF THE LAST 28 F****ING YEARS on how this crap has happened leading into elections and I shit you not no one believed me. I provided charts and even attempted to provide food for thought from macroeconomic charts that included dow performance during a president's tenure. What response did I get? F%$#$#@ #trumptrain. Really? At least dispute my factual argument. If you're a freaking idiot or blissful in wallowing within your ignorance filled bubble...it matters not that we are on the same side. I still rather throat punch that person than attempt polite discussion.

I voted for Trump. I'm glad he won. I will not however be praising him incessantly and blaming every good thing that happens on him and I will call BS when I see BS.

Rant over. A myopic Trump supporter that ignores reality is no less ignorant than his Obama supporting kin in ignorance.

Hub, SPM, RFMan and 1 other person like this.
  12. 613jmm

613jmm U. S. Military Club Subscribed

It would still seem that they fell to me. They have been steadily rising, to the point where some of companies were greatly expanding their production capability, for several years now. While some of that was spurred on by previous elections, I wouldn't say it was only building in anticipation of the current one.

13. 613jmm

613jmm U. S. Military Club Subscribed

I don't think the big players will be affected so much. Stocks go up and down for various reasons. What I have noticed are several of the shops that popped up after the past scares, probably just trying to cash in. I never understood why so many got into the firearms business when it was quite difficult to acquire firearms. I have seen many of them struggle for a while now, even the non-AR type businesses. I think many of them were holding on and hoping the next election would bail them out and they could get back in the black. I see about half of the too many gun shops in the area closing soon unless they take drastic measures. But I am not sure what those measures would entail.

14. Starkherz199

Starkherz199 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Buyers market my butt. I spent it all to make sure I was good to go just in case the witch won. On the bright side...I won't need any powder or primers for a while.

15. ForumSurfer

Do you think it's possible that many people hoarded and nw that Trump is in, sales will drastically fall since no one is expecting any new gun control measures? Cold lead to falling prices? Could lead to stocks being a little more plentiful on everything? or is this just sick a small niche market with ammo and reloading that it just won't matter?

I'm leaning towards the latter since I never really saw any gouging.

16. pirate

pirate Ad Victoriam Club Subscribed

Buy low sell high bitches......its a time to buy now.

RetiredUSNChief likes this.
  17. ForumSurfer

Unless we're talking carbine close quarters, then buy low shoot high.

18. Starkherz199

Starkherz199 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

It's a complicated question to answer if you think deeply about it. At first glance I'm tempted to say yes the prices will fall because the demand will drop. But under Barack Obama this country has seen the rise of the prepper movement and the development of gun culture 2.0.

In the months leading up to the election the AR15 inventory was bought up for the most part. I'm thinking smart company's will adjust to market trends and not flood the market with AR's. That way they can stabilize prices. The public however will begin selling and trading and I expect demand to drop dramatically for newer Rifles in the next year. Handguns I believe are glutted already and should be plentiful. So in short...gun makers are in for market drop and tough times.in 2017. The smart ones will be around in the end.

Ammunition makers I believe will be fine. Between gun culture 2.0 and the prepping movement, people are just shooting more. It will be nice to see the reloading components plentiful on demand. I think the demand for ammo will still be high. We'll just see the inventory on the shelves stabilize and remain plentiful .

I'm wondering if the 2A community will go back to sleep like they did when GWBush got elected. I'm inclined to think that 8 years of theats from Obama have changed us. It will be interesting to see.

The ultimate buyers market will hit after Christmas, when all the gifts are exchanged, and about the time the IRS refunds start coming back. Somewhere around February through March to April will be the time to buy.