Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to all CSC members!

I'm IrishCannon, originally born in southside Chicago, graduated college in Pensacola, FL, worked in Detroit, MI and Destin, FL, and now I'm excited to be here with my wife in Charlotte. - I was offered a great corporate job in Baltimore, MD from my prior employer, but I would never have been able to stomach the Maryland government, so I courteously declined the offer and decided to move here with my wife to explore the opportunities in NC. I'm currently unemployed, but am seeking work in the area. It would be dishonest if I didn't say I'm just enjoying life at the moment.

I'm a FL CWP holder, and am registered for my NC CHP class in January. - My CC weapon of choice is my Kahr CW9 in a Foxx Trapp Holster; and my OC weapon of choice is my FN Herstal FNP-40 in a Blackhawk Serpa CQC retention holster.

I'm a recreational powerlifter, gun enthusiast, and a proud free-born man of the USA!

Slainte!

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Welcome to the group!

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope.

From what I understand, my FL CWP allows me to carry concealed in NC up to the expiration date of the permit (2017), even if I become a NC resident. - However, my wife needs her license in NC (never got a FL CWP), and some additional training and knowledge on the NC laws won't hurt. :)

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the warm-welcome, everyone! Glad to be a part of the community.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Nope.

From what I understand, my FL CWP allows me to carry concealed in NC up to the expiration date of the permit (2017), even if I become a NC resident. - However, my wife needs her license in NC (never got a FL CWP), and some additional training and knowledge on the NC laws won't hurt. :)
Sounds like a good plan! Agreed, you will fit right in here :)

·
Wings of Gold 1990
6,752 Posts
welcome welcome

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.