Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I'm told I'm pretty awesome...
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm building another AR(the one spraypainted tan). I have a Troy Battle Axe stock and grip on it in FDE. I'd like the handguard to match. I want a 15" free-float tube in FDE and I'd prefer not to spend more than $200. Just don't see the value in more costly rails.

Looking at the Troy Alpha, the VTAC Alpha, and the MI GenII SS. These are all available in FDE.

Any other good options that fit my criteria that I should check out?

·
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the Diamondhead ones. Just put one on my AR build.

From a tree stand with a Droid. Its bow time.
Pics?

That 15" VRS T model looks slick as shit. Do you need a low-pro block or will a shaved F-post fit under them?

·
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, Alpha guys, does one type grip better than the other? Troy has holes, VTAC has slots, Rainer has triangles. Any issues/benefits with the pattern or is just aesthetic?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Some people complain of a "cheesegrater" feel with the Troy rails. It has been enough of an issue to prompt the release of "squid grips".....rubber rings that fit in the holes and relieve some of the discomfort/provide a bit more traction

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
I haven't noticed the cheese grater effect on my vtac. Ran a class with boyette in sept no problems. Doing class tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk or some other crappy forum app.

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
Some people complain of a "cheesegrater" feel with the Troy rails. It has been enough of an issue to prompt the release of "squid grips".....rubber rings that fit in the holes and relieve some of the discomfort/provide a but more traction
But then I have to remove them anytime I want cheese on my range salad.

·
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I route 550 cord around my Troy A. No issue for standoff from the heat.

John
Interesting. Have to check that out. Will it be with you tomorrow?

I haven't noticed the cheese grater effect on my vtac. Ran a class with boyette in sept no problems. Doing class tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk or some other crappy forum app.
I'll be there. Would like to check it out in person.

·
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some people complain of a "cheesegrater" feel with the Troy rails. It has been enough of an issue to prompt the release of "squid grips".....rubber rings that fit in the holes and relieve some of the discomfort/provide a bit more traction
Interesting. That's why I don't want a quad, besides the bulk.

·
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will have an AR with the 13" Troy alpha and another with a 13" Troy vtac alpha at the class tomorrow as well. You're welcome to check them out too.
Sweet, try before you buy... I like it.

I figure there will be lots of good stuff to check out tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.