Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Class 3 dealers, or others knowledgeable with Form 5 estate transfers? I have a couple questions I need answered for a friend who's getting a MG from their dad's estate.

Thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Phil said yes, but the instructions I read seemed to say no????? She is going to do it anyway, as the sheriff knew her dad.

The instructions say that the section has to be completed if the transferor IS licensed, and the transferee IS NOT licensed. Since daughter nor dad are Class 3 Dealers, I thought that meant no....

·
Vendor
5,801 Posts
Instructions on the form would not be correct for MG in NC. My understanding of teh law is the CLEO has to provide a letter to anyone getting a MGwhether using a trust or not. That is my understanding for Form 4s and 3s wondered if it was same for 5s.

Phil said yes, but the instructions I read seemed to say no????? She is going to do it anyway, as the sheriff knew her dad.

The instructions say that the section has to be completed if the transferor IS licensed, and the transferee IS NOT licensed. Since daughter nor dad are Class 3 Dealers, I thought that meant no....

·
Registered
382 Posts
Telephoneman: Thank you for the kind words, glad I could help. TSConover said it correct, FEDERAL law would not require the Sheirff's signature, but NC statues do require it.
I hope it works out for you and that despite the loss of her Dad, she knows he is in a better place and the this Christmas will still be special.
Take care:

Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.