Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old high standard that was given to me by my great grandpa. The firing pin dented the edge of the chamber and I tried to fix it, but lost some parts in the process when a spring shot away. I really need help with someone local who knows this pistol to complete this project with me. If you or anyone you know would be willing to help with this, I would be so grateful! I also have things to trade 馃檪

(In Cameron NC)

Registered
U have a very competent gunsmith pretty close but can not for the life of me remember just exactly where, but hes located on Hwy 1, 1 guy that works there is named carlos and is very knowledgeable about muzzleloaders....just found the info: Its Eds gunshop in Vass NC...5560 US1, Vass NC, his web site...edsgunshop.com, 910-692-7936

Registered
30+ year pro gunsmith here, and quite conversant with High Standard. I'm sure I can help, let me know if you're interested. I'm semi-retired but do this kind of work.
Ben, I have an old Supermatic Citation, one of the last models (it has the Allen acre barrel mounting
Design) and needs to get rebuilt. It still shoots well but is more fussy with ammo than it was previously. I don鈥檛 think it is magazine related fussiness. Where might I get parts or how much would you charge to rebuild it?

It is a fun and accurate gun, a great hole puncher and squirrel eliminator.

Registered
I have one of those myself, it was the first High Standard in my "collection", I got it in the early '80's as I recall to shoot Bullseye with, and it still works well. Parts are around, including NOS parts, so a rebuild shouldn't be much of a problem in that regard. Cost? Not sure.. depends on what all it needs and the cost of parts, of course. I charge an hourly rate, will go over details in a PM if you're interested. I have FFL so you can send directly to me and I can return directly to you.

Registered
I have one of those myself, it was the first High Standard in my "collection", I got it in the early '80's as I recall to shoot Bullseye with, and it still works well. Parts are around, including NOS parts, so a rebuild shouldn't be much of a problem in that regard. Cost? Not sure.. depends on what all it needs and the cost of parts, of course. I charge an hourly rate, will go over details in a PM if you're interested. I have FFL so you can send directly to me and I can return directly to you.
Hi Ben,

Please send me an email at [email protected]. I will reply with my contact info.

Kind regards,
Jim

Registered
I have an old high standard that was given to me by my great grandpa. The firing pin dented the edge of the chamber and I tried to fix it, but lost some parts in the process when a spring shot away. I really need help with someone local who knows this pistol to complete this project with me. If you or anyone you know would be willing to help with this, I would be so grateful! I also have things to trade 馃檪

(In Cameron NC)
Hyatt Gun Shop in Charlotte can work miracles!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts