Hogue grips on Ruger GP100 | Carolina Shooters Club

Hogue grips on Ruger GP100

Discussion in 'Revolvers - all things wheelgun related' started by chucknbecky, Jul 11, 2017.

1. chucknbecky

chucknbecky Registered Member

Bought a SS .357 a few weeks ago. Have almost always had rubber sleeves on my autos, so got one with the HOgue rubber grips. Only one screw in the grip, at the butt. So looked at replacements at the Ruger store. They have some rosewood grips made for the GP100. I asked them if the Hogues were replaceable, all they would say is "see the store for replacements." I ordered them, figure if they don't work I can send them back but, does anyone know? does that one screw in the butt attach the rubber grips? It just doesn't seem right.
    There were reviews of the grips saying THEY did this and were pleased with the results, that's what got me to go ahead and order.

2. SLM

SLM Registered Member

You were pretty vague as to which grips you purchased. Was it the rubber Ruger grips w/ the rosewood insert, or the "Match Champion" wood grips? (Which are made by Hogue).
    Nevertheless, both of the aforementioned will come with all the hardware necessary to properly mount the grips.

Should you want to go back to a set of all rubber grips and despise finger grooves (as I do) then check out the newer version of the Hogue MonoGrip sans finger grooves (Product # SKU 80010) https://www.hogueinc.com/ruger-gp100-super-redhawk-no-finger-groove-rubber-grip

You've probably noticed this is the grip Ruger placed on it's new 3" .44 Spl GP100. It's an excellent grip. I have it on my Wiley Clapp 3" GP100. Perfect grip for me.

3. chucknbecky

chucknbecky Registered Member

Thanks man, yeh they're the rosewood inserts. I'll remember that about the new Hogues if these don't work out.

4. miktri

miktri Registered Member

Mine came with the Hogue grip. single screw in the bottom is all I have.

5. willie b

willie b Member

I have the Rosewood inserts on my GP100. They are decent grips. Not much selection other than custom wood out there. I wish someone would make a decent G10 grip like they do for the SP1o1.