Holster for 22/45 LITE? | Carolina Shooters Club

Holster for 22/45 LITE?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by pineoak, Nov 5, 2019.

1. pineoak

pineoak Registered Member

Anyone know of a kydex holster maker that makes one for the Ruger 22/45 LITE series?

there are two major ones (tandemkross?) that seem okay, but I'm looking for a standard OWB kydex holster for one for rimfire USPSA style comps.

any suggestions appreciated

2. pineoak

pineoak Registered Member

The TK very common plastic holster with the long barrel shroud that is ambi is the one I finally picked up

it works fairly well if you loosen the top retention screw (there are 2) and just loctite it "loose" or if you don't mind losing the part, remove it altogether

I run it with a very loose top retention screw with loctite and a lightly screwed and loctited bottom screw

draws are decently fast, reholstering requires more practice than other holsters as you have to have the angle STRAIGHT down or it doesn't go in easily

about 100 draws and reholsters to be oaky

300 repetitions to be proficient with the holster

would still prefer a generic index sandwich holster for it, but the TandemKross/commonly available plastic one works fine WITH PRACTICE

again, with the loosened retention screws, it does work decently to fine

the molding of the plastic makes it retain even without the screws... upside down it WILL NOT fall out no matter how hard you shake it