Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question for those with tuckable holsters. do you wear the spring clips over your belt or pants? i initially thought they were supposed to clip to your belt but then read this
while looking at some milt sparks holsters

The optional, dual Kydex clips provide a pocket for your tucked in shirt and are designed to attach directly to the waistband of your trousers. The Kydex clips DO NOT attach onto the belt. A proper gun belt should be utilized over top of the clips, both to support the weight of the weapon and to help conceal the clips from the casual observer.

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
It depends on the holster and what it's designed to do. To fit over the belt you'd have to mold the clips around a thicker mold. Otherwise they're not gonna lay straight and you may eventually break them.

Some clips from some makers are designed to go over the belt, some are designed to go over the waistband and behind the belt. It all just depends.....

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
I use ether a crossbreed supertuck or a knockoff of it.

The clips are designed to go over the belt. You can buy "deep cover" clips that are designed to go over the pants. I have a set, but have only tried them one time, before I bought a gun belt.

I now have a beltman belt that is backed with velcro, so I plan on giving it another go. The velcro is a must to distribute the weight onto the belt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.