Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this took probably 4 hours to get "tuned" into running correctly on my press. Took a couple of asks of Forum people, a call to Hornaday, etc. It's now up and running, but it's still not 100%. What does that mean? Well, there is a large reservoir and a disc that's hooked to a motor. The cases are supposed to get turned the right way and dropped into a funnel. The disc and motor get jammed up occasionally, and occasionally the funnel will get clogged with brass going in the wrong way. Also, where the empty case is supposed to get shoved into the 'normal' press is a hit-or-miss adventure.

I'd give this thing a B-. It's "worth it" but just barely, gets me down to about 100 rds in 15min if I am slow enough to pay good attention.

My LNL press gets a B, but that's another story.

QUESTION: I understand you can bolt one of these Lock N Load case feeders to a Dillon (maybe a 650). Has anyone done this, and does it run 100% for you?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Interestingly I have about 1500 rounds of .40 cal through mine (case feeder / LNL)with out a problem. With that being said I am getting ready to do a caliber change to .223 so I will have to change the case feeder/LNL totally over. If there is issue with it when I have to change all the settings I will get back

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point - I need to set up a run of 9mm here in the next week or two. I'll see how that works and report. That'll require switching from large to small pistol on the tubing, disc, and that little piece that actually pushes it into the press.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Have a LNL Case Feeder on a 650 Dillon ( My Lab and I had a Burial for the LNL few years back )
Keep working with it. It gets a little better, not much, but some. Better than feeding them one at a time.
Hagen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.