Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was one schedule for last Fall here (Oxford) and it was unceremoniously cancelled... Since then- I haven't seen anything scheduled this side of Charlotte.

What's the process/problem?

Is it interest level that's lacking or a sufficient facility? Or?

·
I'm told I'm pretty awesome...
8,590 Posts
They used to have about 4 every year within a 2hr drive of Raleigh. Been a couple years since I stopped shooting them though.

·
I'm told I'm pretty awesome...
8,590 Posts
Gotcha.

I don't know the whole story, but there was some drama at the last one here in the triangle, and most of the ranges around here probably don't want to mess with it again.
From what I hear, they are a royal pain in the ass to put on and that's why only a handful of places bother trying. They look to have several hundred folks minimum at every event. If you can't guarantee that, it won't happen. Lotta folks drive from several states away to make matches though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.