Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have always enjoyed this forum, but lately I find myself coming here less and less.
Personally, I find all the firearm subforums to be a pain in the ass. To check on firearm topics I might find of interest, theres, IIRC, eight forums/subforums. I like all kinds of guns.
For my part, I like the simplicity of "Long Guns", "Handguns".
But thats just me.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
+1 the only way I view the forum now is on the cell...about 90% of the time at least. Only check the unread threads and that's it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
7,961 Posts
Personally, I don't read anything except the new posts. The forum has become so sub divided I couldn't even tell you how many there may be. When reading the new posts I don't click on anything remotely related to AR's or "tactical" crap, too many wannabe's spouting off about what they have read, not experienced. But that's just me.....

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
I do the "new posts" thing, been doing it that way for years. I do scan the classifieds at least once per day, just in case I missed something.
Other than that, the posts that really are a joy for me to read (other than the comical ones that satisfy my daily need for humor) aren't necessarily a topic that interests me...it's those where someone has posted seeking advice, and the replies stay on topic, don't belittle the OP, but shower the OP with knowledgeable answers or advice. Even if I'm not particularly interested in the topic, I usually gain knowledge when I read them. Such posts are like a fine dessert after the meal for me.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I follow the same strategy as SNAL. When the transition came I did not bother with the minefield and that is good for my state of health. New post update scan rinse repeat.

·
Premium Member
11,811 Posts
We appreciate the feedback. Like anything, we will evolve over time. The only reason we would create additional subforums is because multiple folks wanted one. We resisted the rimfire/ shotgun sections for a long time but eventually enough people asked for them that we tried them out.

We try to keep an eye on it and will always look at shrinking down the forums that don't get the activity that a subforum should.

We're always looking for suggestions. For Iphone users, the App is coming. You wouldn't believe the paperwork and hassle associated with doing an iphone app.

·
I'm told I'm pretty awesome...
8,590 Posts
We appreciate the feedback. Like anything, we will evolve over time. The only reason we would create additional subforums is because multiple folks wanted one. We resisted the rimfire/ shotgun sections for a long time but eventually enough people asked for them that we tried them out.

We try to keep an eye on it and will always look at shrinking down the forums that don't get the activity that a subforum should.

We're always looking for suggestions. For Iphone users, the App is coming. You wouldn't believe the paperwork and hassle associated with doing an iphone app.
I wish the Driod app was better. The layout is terrible and very little info is available on it. I find I prefer to just use my browser on my phone and do the "new posts" thing too...

·
Wings of Gold 1990
6,752 Posts

No complaints here

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
So is this a bad time to ask for a "Less than Lethal" forum with the sub forums of "Baseball Bats", "Dimension Lumber", and "Lightered Knots"? I have a phased plan to request forums on "Slingshots", "Tasers", and "Air Rifles". These folks all deserve to have their voices heard! Set my people free!!

·
3,580 Posts
New posts here for me also. Unless there is something I am specifically looking for, I rarely click a subsection.

·
Registered
431 Posts
"New post" thing for me to. I also click "settings" since it consolidates posts that I've posted in.

I'm a certified armorer for various platforms but mostly deal with Glocks and the AR15 platform more than any. I try to chime in when I see post related to them under "new post" to give value added to the thread.

When reading the new posts I don't click on anything remotely related to AR's or "tactical" crap, too many wannabe's spouting off about what they have read, not experienced. But that's just me.....
Have a link to an example of this? I haven't came across something like this yet. you can PM me needed. I just want to see what you're talking about from your point of view.

·
All bleeding stops eventually
22,797 Posts
Societies shape individuals. Individuals do not dictate societal norms.

The owners here regularly assert that this forum is going to be progressive, and all-inclusive; they aren't looking to build a fudd forum.

G

·
Seems like people will complain both ways either way. The majority have spoken to liking multiple sub forums. Most(I cant think of one that doesnt) major forums have sub forums, its a great way for people to find what they need quickly without sifting through a bunch of non interesting things.

Im sure many(myself included) do not use the "New Post" feature, I just dont feel like sifting through marlins,lever actions and shotguns to find what im looking for.

Its a bit childish saying saying "I dont come on here anymore because of this".. Thats holding forum hostage because we want you a member here but the mods cant possibly keep everyone happy.

I like it the way it is, I know many others do to.
I would like to see a iphone app dedicated to the forum though.

Lets not go back to the way things were when Trazar was here. The "sub sections" are the fastest growing forums on this forum!!

·
Banned
10,039 Posts
Not all of us use the new post feature.
Even on my droid I don't use an app as my browser works fine on the full website.

I myself like to read about one topic at a time. Many of us have specific interests. I can not think of a single gun forum that has everything blended together. Some come here to talk specifically about C&Rs, AK's or AR's. The sub forum makes that easy, without having to use the less than ideal search feature that can miss threads if they do not contain a certain word.. For example look at a new thread where a guy is interested in purchasing a shotgun, but has no idea what he wants. Now he can easily look at all the threads on shotguns, and read about all the different shotguns without having to sort through 100's of.thread's on AR's or Rimfire. That is the type of person who the forum is supposed to benefit, those seeking knowledge or info.

A subforum makes it easier for that guy looking for a topic, find answers or information on a specific type of firearm easier. I understand there are a few of you guys who have a broad knowledge and like to talk about or help answer everything across the board, and now everything is not in one place for you to answer, but think about the individual without that knowledge of firearms looking for info, trying to sort through all that mess. Someone with true lack of firearm knowledge, (those who the forum is here to benefit), might not be able to differentiate the titles of threads. If they are looking for home defense shotguns, they might miss that KSG review or VEPR12 review in long gun general section because they probably don't even know those are shotguns by looking at the name.

Just my thoughts. (I like a little organization :) ) and am very humbled to be able to help organize it.
David

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its a bit childish saying saying "I dont come on here anymore because of this".. Thats holding forum hostage because we want you a member here but the mods cant possibly keep everyone happy.
Childish huh? Excellent way to convey the message "we want you a member here".
I was only offering my opinion.
I don't appreciate that comment in the least.
I'll never make the mistake of offering an opinion again.

G

·
You offered your opinion and I offered you mine. Theres plenty of things I want changed here but I dont frequent the forum any less because they dont happen.

Im not trying to offend you but thats a poor attitude to take.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.