Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some of my ideas

FIRST Lets elect a President and give him or her a 6 year term conditions they stick to their pre campaign promisses . The President can't run again. This way he or she wont have to fund raise and owe to others. The president then does not have to worry about politics because he can't be elected again . This idea would let the President do the right thing for the Country and its people .
SECOND
Make all politicians retire on Social Security and Medicare ONLY . That would fix that .
THIRD
Bring all the men and women home where they belong .
FOURTH
Tighten our borders. Send those back who came in under the fence . I can wash my own car and cut my own grass .
FIFTH
Let Unions make a come back take over again. Now about 9% of the work force is Union however everyone thinks the Unions are hurting the country. Make union made products go tax free and tax the hell out of imports . Our people would all be back to work . Things might cost more but we would all make more also . Union membership will raise the middle class . That might be why the middle class is suffering now .
Sixth
Make gun ownership differant . Make a standard system of checks that would allow us all to carry eveywhere we want . It might be harder but I think better . I'm tired of always thinking can I CC here or not .

These are some of my ideas.
You might dispute these . Have you hear any thing better from the debates?

The big problem they wont tell you and it is a shame . We borrow 40 cents for every dollar we spend . The last few years they wanted to shut down the federal goverment unless we raised the debt ceiling. That means in simple english we don't have the money to run the federal govermant . Not one politician will explain it like this . We keep borrowing money to run the government .The government keeps giving money to lots of countrys who hate us . When we help other countries why don't we get paid back .

XDM6951 over and out

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Likely true. It would be nice, though, to be able to have this sort of discussion without the partisan vitriol.
That being said, there is nothing in the OP's suggestions that I would disagree with.
I agree with some of it, but not all. And the list would be better if term limits for congress and the US Supreme Court justices were on there.

·
Banned
3,959 Posts
I like 1 and 6

·
Registered
235 Posts
2 year prez limit with Voters option to renew maybe up to 6 yrs but that's all. 6 years with a candidate with nefarious intentions and no worry of re-election could be a disater.
Congress, limit to 4 years with 8 years out of office until they could run again.
No pensions for congress, they are part time employees. They get enough out of their law firm and other things they've got their hands in.
Unions, they are a cyst. They have created overpaid people who have no hope in finding work outside a union shop. They are trapped. Kind of like the coal mines or textilemills of 100 years ago where the workers shopped at company store and lived in company housing. Eliminate them all. They may have had their place in history but that has long since gone by the wayside along with the Model A.
Figure out how to get the system back to where it began where regular people can run for office and don't have to be mult-millionaire lawyers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Craig did you hear Unions are only 9 % of the work force and keep the middle class strong

·
Registered
235 Posts
The unions artifically inflate wages which makes people dependant on them alone for employment. They present the appearance of a power corrupt organization whose leadership puts plenty in their own pockets at the expense of workers and finally when Boeing built a plant in SC the Unions wanted it stopped and shut down since SC is a non-union State. With the help of the Federal Govt. they played games with SC jobs. I have no use or respect for them because they were not focused on AMERICAN jobs, only UNION jobs. If Boeing had moved their plant to China I doubt you would have heard a peep out of them. Instead of people getting raises for doing good work they force employers to provide across the board raises for all. Sorry but that's rubbish. The Unions are one reason we have the pathetic educational system we have. Teachers striking at the beginning of the school year when they know parents will call for resolution so the kids can start school is little more than extortion. The end of unions in this country would be a benefit to all. Reward those who strive to be the best and purge the layabouts. OK, I'm only going to have decaf the rest of the evening. ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry you sound bitter for the 9 percent of our work force who are union. We the people are the problem here not unions. Most of the people in this country are well not so smart . Take the mortgage and housing problem . (No unions for most of the build) if joe the plumber had a pencil and paper he could figure out he couldn't afford it .most people who hate unions could not get in one . My union took care of me and I took care of it by doing a hard days work for a good wage . To keep the contractors union I worked hard and they were happy . I retired with dignity holding my head up . Is this what it is about. I think so . Vote for me I will put you in a union you will make a fair days pay and you can take care of your family . I
You sound smart would you take the job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.