Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big ruckus in the backyard. Dogs had torn it all to hell by the time I got there.
Guts hanging out etc.

Put it down with a S&W 617 4".
CB Short to the cranium and the suffering was over.
People who let thier cats roam free should be punished. It's irresponsible.

My yard is fenced in. Apparently the cat wasn't fast enough to outrun either my lab or my wifes mutt, or both.

Dogs are all wound up now. So am I.

G

·
Im glad you killed it.. Damn venomous cats, just out biding their time... waiting to bite your dogs or children.

I see a cat in my yard I kill it.. thats my policy.

Nice one!

Now being serious. At least its suffering was ended quickly and you were home to hear that happening. Our cat is an indoor kitty. Cats are not like dogs, they will wander.

·
Dog Defender
2,974 Posts
That sucks, I know what that's like. It wasn't a cat but my JR terrorist snatched up a juvenile raccoon and within seconds it was just laying there twitching. I am no fan of raccoon but I still felt bad. JR's are lightening fast and vicious when it comes to prey animals, it was over withing seconds, before I even had time to react. Aside from prey animals (which make her shake and tremble with excitement), she is sweet as could be with both people and other dogs. God help any cat she sees in our yard though.

·
Premium Member
5,265 Posts
That sucks, I know what that's like. It wasn't a cat but my JR terrorist snatched up a juvenile raccoon and within seconds it was just laying there twitching. I am no fan of raccoon but I still felt bad. JR's are lightening fast and vicious when it comes to prey animals, it was over withing seconds, before I even had time to react. Aside from prey animals (which make her shake and tremble with excitement), she is sweet as could be with both people and other dogs. God help any cat she sees in our yard though.
Great description of what JR's do naturally............it's like they have a sworn duty to uphold and a time-clock is ticking as they race against the clock............lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
That suck's. My parents have three cats and as the others have said they like to roam. Especially the younger ones. I also had a similar expirience when I was younger. But also with a raccoon instead of cat. He was a big one at 40+ pounds. He got himself trapped on a chain link fence with our dogs on one side and the neighbor's dogs on the other. One of our dogs yanked him off the fence when he wasnt looking and it was pretty much a ball of fur kind of fight. I guess the racoon tried to grab the fence and pull himself away but the dog next door grabbed his arm through the fence and tried to pull him through one of the chain links. He didn't die from all this though. His arm was mangled pretty bad and he was very angry. He couldn't climb back out of the yard because on his hurt leg either. I didnt have any guns at the time so the neighbor put him down with a .38 revolver. That was quite an evening.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I would check your dogs for wounds. Cat bites are the WORST for infection...they have filthy mouths.
I have several friends who's dogs got into it with cats and you would not believe the infections they suffered and vet bills they had.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Sorry you had to do that, but clearly the right thing.

I second the recommendation to check for bites/scratches on your dogs. When I had cats they got in a few fights with others and ended up with abscesses several times.

DD

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
I dislike people who let their cats wander as well. My neighbor collects them. My yard collects their crap. Can I board your dogs for you next time you go on vacation?? :)

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dislike people who let their cats wander as well. My neighbor collects them. My yard collects their crap. Can I board your dogs for you next time you go on vacation?? :)
The dogs tear up the meat sumthin' fierce. You may want to look into harvesting them with a .22.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
eh, buzzards gotta eat too. S-S-S is my cat policy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.