I just wanted to share this with Y'all | Carolina Shooters Club

I just wanted to share this with Y'all

Discussion in 'Firearms News and Firearms related political news' started by sheepdog120, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheepdog120

sheepdog120 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Nevermind

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  2. SPM

SPM Permanently Banned Lifetime Member

[​IMG]

So when can we expect a heartfelt, soulful song from the lumberjack about crossing The Thin Tree Line?

The lobsterman or tuna captain about crossing The Thin Monofilament Line?

The plane captain about crossing The Thin Flightline?

The garbageman's crooning over crossing The Thin Trash Line?

The farmer lamenting having to cross The Thin Tobacco Line?

The lineman about crossing The Thin Power Line?

The foreman about crossing The Thin Chalk Line?

I'm not trying to be an ass about this, but the propaganda pieces making it out that LE faces death and danger at a much higher rate than "the sheep" in society is a load of crap and is meant to justify or deflect blame when things go wrong.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  3. jrgreen

jrgreen My Mom says I'm cool.

How many of those other jobs fatalities come from being murdered by people who didn't like your uniform?

4. BurnedOutGeek

BurnedOutGeek SlayerNut - RIP

I'd imagine most of those deaths are related to one's own actions.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  5. BurnedOutGeek

BurnedOutGeek SlayerNut - RIP

Or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Right @Chdamn?

6. Catfish

Catfish 'Murica! eh? Club Subscribed

Stay classy @SPM

SPST likes this.
  7. SPM

I don't know.

How many lumberjacks are out there strangling trees to death for selling loose cigarettes?

How many fisherman paralyze a 74 year old who doesn't speak English whose only crime was walking on the sidewalk?

How many airline pilots assault a passenger for disrespecting him?

How many garbage men flashbang a toddler in his crib, at the wrong house, and then blame the toddler for having a criminal uncle that wasn't at the house?

Know any farmers who shoot their laborer in the back for not paying child support, then plant evidence on their body to cover it up?

How many lineman kill deaf people with 2x4s because they don't listen to orders to get out of their construction site?

The facts are clear. And facts are stubborn things.

But please, continue your emotional defense of a version of reality that simply doesn't exist in the real world.

8. SPM

You know, I would....but this "we're the real victims " nonsense is no better than the emotional "think of the children!" cries from the anti-Rights crowd.

We don't tolerate that from them, and I've really gotten over making exceptions when facts stare one right in the face.

9. jrgreen

Yep, I guess they all deserve what they get.

10. SPM

[​IMG]

Bull City Heel and Howland like this.
  11. Wahoo95

Wahoo95 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Tell us how you really feel!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

12. burn 'em

burn 'em Registered Member

Hey now, BLM!!!

...Blue Lines Matter

13. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 Well-Known Member

That is a very dangerous point of view. Be careful. If you are not one the chosen or favored classes in a discussion the you can't comment or have an opinion? Wow, we are really far gone. If that really is the LEO opinion we are so screwed.

14. Howland

Howland Member

Excuse me, but is it really your opinion that anyone who isn't paid to carry a government gun has no business pointing out that that there seems to be a culture within the caste of those who do to violate the very laws they swear to obey?

I guess you're not so fond of the First Amendment, are you? Please tell us which ones you will uphold.

15. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 Well-Known Member

Ok, not sure where I brought up the 1st Amendment, but carry on. You have a good night. Hopefully this works out well for you and yours. I'll be sure to be wary amongst the 'brothers and sisters'. Didn't realize I was an adversary. :(

SPM likes this.
  16. jrgreen

When you choose to throw out words like chosen and favored classes you are being adversarial. Don't play innocent now.

17. Qball50

Qball50 Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

This is all a bunch of nonsense if you ask me. I don't give a flip if you wear a uniform, an astronaut suit, or smoke crack on Mars. We have major problems in our country and in our world.

To the OP, and my intention is not to insult. However, if you want to come on here and challenge another member to "walk a beat", then I challenge you to explain to all of us on here why law enforcement is having overwhelming issues in the PR department.

We are living in interesting times folks.

SPM likes this.
  18. jrgreen

I'd like to address this point. It's been made here before enough. Law Enforcement agencies job is to enforce laws. Period. Not PR. You are a citizen of this country and it's your obligation to understand how the system works. If you don't understand it there are sources available to help you. They used to teach these things in school, It was called civics.

Before you can go about saying they are wrong you should educate yourself on what right actually is.

sheepdog120 likes this.
  19. Qball50

Fair enough. There's just a few of us in this country that are sitting back and watching it go all to hell. I personally don't need to "know about a day in the life". I have my own life and that is the only one I'm interested in.

Diverdad likes this.
  20. Qball50

I never said law enforcement's job was PR. I was simply asking the OP to explain why law enforcement has a PR problem.

As far as civics is concerned, I never took the class and am glad I didn't.

21. jrgreen

They have a PR problem because people are so interested in seeing cops reputations muddied that it's the only thing you are sure to click on when you browse the news. Its what the colosseum want's to see so it's what the colosseum gets.

As far as you being proud of your ignorance... I got nothing.

"Fair enough. There's just a few of us in this country that are sitting back and watching it go all to hell. I personally don't need to "know about a day in the life". I have my own life and that is the only one I'm interested in."
    And how did this thread derail your life?

22. 9outof10mms

9outof10mms Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

...and this thread is a prime example of why there is a problem in the LEO/community mixing pot. Here we are at CSC, presumably all of at least one common hub of ideas, and we can't even get along amicably without sides forming and people wanting to grandstand.

I'm not trying to disrespect either "side" of the argument. Both have faults. Sheepdog: my brother is a retired cop and I'd have these conversations with him weekly about how hardened LEo has become and that in itself presents the spark for fire in most volatile environments. He wouldn't ever really listen and would go on about how tough it is to fight hardened criminals and how the crosshairs are on him every day. I get that...but when you see the tracks are out up ahead, you try to stop the train and get it repaired or on another track. SPM: I get where you're coming from too. You make good points in many threads. But is there a need to make a point while kicking out someone's kneecaps...someone who's presumably on your side for a majority of topics (albeit the ones that he likely disagrees on are big ones for you).

I'm not trying to talk down to anyone or play schoolyard monitor here. Just pointing out that you're all acting like asses at the drop of a hat with no good outcome in sight...except for the truly bad side sitting back watching us rot form the inside out. I see it so many times on this forum...

B00GER, Scott88, Stick and 3 others like this.
  23. SPM

Guess I'll just burn that DD-214 then. Who knew that by serving my country but not "the community walking a beat" I get to keep my mouth shut. Huh.

Nope, you've made it quite clear the opinions of veterans "don't rate a response."

Your point is valid and recieved.

I'm just tired, man. I'm tired of Liberty rating so low on the list of priorities in this country that when confronted with the clear, persistent danger to it represented by business as usual that everyone plays a victim.

I'm tired of the Golden Calf: be it Black Lives Matter, Law Enforcement, or even Veterans (face it, there are some unscrupulous people getting rich off the suffering of our fellow vets). The groups that you dare not question.

I'm tired of the emotional arguments that have no basis in fact - from the anti-Rights crowd or in this case.

But again, I hear your point. When things reach that fateful and terrible moment where those just doing their job are actively engaged in suppressing dissent and enforcing tyranny, we'll look back at these conversations and wonder how people "can't understand how we got here."

No where in the title or body of your OP does it say anything about being a memorial thread, asking for prayers or a moment of silence or anything. You posted it in the open forum, the "Gun Related" open forum no less - which is not a safe space or echo chamber.

I will bow out of "your" post, but there's a section for memorials if that was your intent. That place ain't here.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  24. fishgutzy

fishgutzy Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Over 90% of all on the job fatalities are men.
    Not surprised to roofing on their.
    Explains why MA workers comp insurance for roofers is so high. In MA, legally licensed and insured roofing companies have to pay $0.85 in Workers Comp insurance per $1.00 pay to roofers. That also explains why illegal roofers can undercut on price so much.

25. Dcgallim

Dcgallim Hall of Shame

Shhhhh. No ones suppose to know about that. The thin stinky line covered that up for me.

26. bondjamesbond

bondjamesbond Прошлой неделе

Don't matter what you do for a living. We all get up and suit up, whether that suit is a uniform or a pair of overalls, we go to do our job. We go to the job that we chose or agreed to do, and we do it so we can keep the wolves from our door. We all are just trying to make a living, and come home to people that do love us at the end of the day.
    It doesn't matter what job you are doing when you die while doing it. You are doing your job and you are just as dead and your loved ones hurt just a badly.
    We don't have a caste system here in this country, or do we? If we do it is because we are causing it our self.
    Not everyone on the chart above may have to kill or be killed in doing their job, the job they chose. But does that make their death less than another one's?
    Or does it make their death more meaningful because they die in uniform rather than a pair of logging boots?

These days a soldier is a soldier because they want to be. A house painter is a house painter because they want to be. And A police officer is a police officer because they want to be. All three of these know the risks involved with doing their jobs.
    Just do your job and shut up. If you don't like it then change jobs. If you are doing a job for the empathy and sympathy or any sort of special respect you think you are entitled to, then you are some kind of egotistical narcissist.

But no matter what job you do, it doesn't give you the right to be abusive to others. If that shoe fits..........

I'm not here to blast anyone, so no one take this personally. But we need to come together, and not let us become divide as the current potus wants us to be.
    Just take a chill pill, calm down, suit up and do your job and don't blast anyone else for the job they chose to do.

My belief is that we are all accountable to one person in the end. What we have done will be addressed at that time. There isn't but one way to find out if my belief is true or not. I'm sure none of us on here are in a hurry to find that out.
    Primum non nocere

1406, mlc, ripv2 and 18 others like this.
  27. fieldgrade

fieldgrade Hall of Shame

This is a damn fine post. Well said, Mr. Bond.

Qball50 likes this.
  28. JohnW

JohnW Member

Well Spoken, Mr. Bond. That is an excellent post that everybody should read.

29. 9outof10mms

9outof10mms Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I'm not so sure it's as cut and dry as some of you'd like it to be. I respect where you're coming from; I don't go looking for sympathy or movements related to my career, and I can see how it can be annoying (perceived or real) for others to do so.

The difference is that some professions get unsolicited hatred and other undue tangible threats to them--above all other normal occupational hazards like breaking a bone or getting burned by something. I'm not here to be LEO's defense attorney, nor am I going to put any other occupations below the value of a LEO. I'm saying it's foolish for both sides to put down the other instead of supporting each other. One group has been unfairly targeted and gone from a profession of public honor to that of an immediate "they're out to get me" mistrust or worse by folks. The other group has to watch the resulting "woes me" campaigns and see a certain group made out to be the patron saints of civilization.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Scott88, Thecarman and soreshoulder like this.
  30. wsfiredude

wsfiredude Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

Could not have been said any better.

Excellent post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.