Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom and dad came by the shop today. Mom was reading the "Lawful Carry Allowed" sign on the office door...then she just kinda stared at me. I explained the sign, and then lifted my un-tucked
shirt to expose my SR40. Mom says..."Is that thing loaded!"..."Yes mom, otherwise what good would it do me...I carry everywhere that I'm allowed by law". Then dad says...."I hope I'm never that afraid."...I just had to laugh at that one.

Then a bit later, as they were leaving, I asked if they saw the story on the news yesterday about the 12 year old girl who shot the man that broke into her house while she was home alone..."Yes!...good for her!"

Then I gave them my "look"...."Yep....good for HER!"

It's no wonder that my siblings (if they really are my siblings) aren't interested in firearms.

·
Premium Member
12,035 Posts
I got outed during one of the completely justified and absolutely effective, not to mention Constitutionally sound "License Checks". Mom just stared at me the rest of the night. A few weeks later, I had her at the range with a new j-frame.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
I was outed by the PoPo when I was bringing my mother back from the hospital. They are from NJ and were down visiting, mom had an incident that we felt needed medical attention. On the way home at 2am I run into a license check and have to announce my firearm. When we arrived back at the house they were surprisingly supportive. You never can tell. My sister on the other hand believes guns get up in the middle of the night and shoot people by themselves.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Snal - My wife says she understands; she feels the same way. She knows there is a family somewhere who is convinced their child was switched at birth, and they're looking for her. . . .

CB

·
Dead and Remembering
4,243 Posts
My dad taught me to shoot around 5.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
My Dad had one of his buddies shoot his brains out playing Russian Roulet as a stupid teenager. And my Mom had her first husband point a pistol at her in one of his angry times before their divorce.

They aren't too keen on firearms, but they're not really that negative at least.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My mother and my grandparents on my mom's side aren't anywhere near as supportive as my father and his side. My mother is a worry wart. My dad doesn't care and is right there with me with most anything gun related. But my mom and her parents are that way about almost everything. My mother and grandmother freaked when I bought my motorcycle to work on and my first gun lol.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
My mom and dad came by the shop today. Mom was reading the "Lawful Carry Allowed" sign on the office door...then she just kinda stared at me. I explained the sign, and then lifted my un-tucked
shirt to expose my GLOCK G23. Mom says..."Is that thing loaded!"..."Yes mom, otherwise what good would it do me...I carry everywhere that I'm allowed by law". Then dad says...."I hope I'm never that afraid."...I just had to laugh at that one.

Then a bit later, as they were leaving, I asked if they saw the story on the news yesterday about the 12 year old girl who shot the man that broke into her house while she was home alone..."Yes!...good for her!"

Then I gave them my "look"...."Yep....good for HER!"

It's no wonder that my siblings (if they really are my siblings) aren't interested in firearms.
There...fixed it for you Snal!!!! LOL

jk

keep fighting the fight brother

DS

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I got outed during one of the completely justified and absolutely effective, not to mention Constitutionally sound "License Checks". Mom just stared at me the rest of the night. A few weeks later, I had her at the range with a new j-frame.
It would be interesting to sue for breach of privacy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,959 Posts
My Mom, Dad, and Sister, Wife all carry and I have my daughter schefuled for a CCW class in December. By the way, if anyone in Fayetteville need a class let me know. A buddy of mine that is doing it is trying to fill up his class. It is on December 8th.

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That conversation kinda shocked me. My mom's dad was an avid hunter/fisherman, and dad gave me his old .303 (which I've restored), he only has an old .22 revolver now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.