Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/2...n-who-pushed-him-off-bicycle/?test=latestnews

A 65-year-old man shot one teenager dead and wounded another after they pushed him off his bicycle and tried to rob him in Pennsylvania, police said.

The man was cycling on a trail in Reading, Pa., shortly before 11:00 am local time Wednesday morning, when a group of teens pushed him off the bicycle and two of them assaulted him, investigators said.

The 65 year old then took out a handgun and shot them both, the Reading Eagle reported.

One of the teens -- a 16 year old from Reading -- was pronounced dead at the scene at 12:17 p.m. local time.

The second teenager was taken to the hospital but his condition was unknown, according to the newspaper.

Cops arrested a third boy at the scene and took him in for questioning. The 15 year old was later taken to a county youth center in nearby Bern Township where he was held on unspecified charges.

Police decided to release the 65 year old and charge the juvenile after consulting with District

Attorney John Adams, who attended the scene with forensic detectives, the Reading Eagle reported.

Authorities did not release his name or the names of the teenagers.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight he'll just shoot you.

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
Sounds like my dad. A little back story, the neighbors that live across from him have always been troublemakers. From loud drunken parties, to letting their dogs harass other neighbors, and driving into the edge of his yard and spinning tires, etc. They've been doing this kind of behavior since I was a kid, one generation to the next, I suppose.

Anyway, my dad took it upon himself a year or so ago to put up rebar and marking ribbons along the edge of his yard across from their property, to keep them from parking there, driving into it, etc. A day or two later, some through tree limbs and trash onto my parents carport, and my father called the sheriff to explain the situation. He didn't know if it was them, but he suspected it. The deputy apparently warned the neighbors to stay off his property, as the next day the son of the neighbor(kid in his early 20's) yelled at my dad from his porch, walked into the road, and told my dad that if he'd just walk out into the road, he'd kick his ass. My dad just responded that he was too old to fight him, and that if need be, he'd just shoot him. That was the last time they've had a dispute, and the neighbors have since stayed fairly quiet.

·
Invictus
1,122 Posts
Sooner or later these thuglets were bound to come across a concealed carry.

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
I have been saying for a few years now that I am too old, fat, and lazy to fight. My fighting days are long past over. Now the biggest fight I have is getting my jeans buttoned.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have been telling my son that for years. He knows that I will take advantage of anything I can get my hands on when he tries to mess with me. One day I was sitting back in my recliner when he thought he might have me at a disadvantage. He reached in for a nipple twist and I grabbed the sattelite remote and popped him between the eyes with it. I try to teach him you don't mess with old men and there is no such thing as a fair fight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.