Interested in 2 gun match??? | Carolina Shooters Club

Interested in 2 gun match???

Discussion in 'SC Meet Ups, Events, and Gun Shows' started by Kyle Dugan, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Kyle Dugan

Kyle Dugan Registered Member

Low Country Sports is looking into starting a monthly 2 gun match. If anyone in the club would like to participate or is an avid 2 gun competitor and looking for a closer 2 gun match, please leave a quick reply in this thread so i can get a potential gathering as look into throwing an event. If we decide to forego these events. the match Director will be Kyle Dugan. you can reach me at 910 723 7929 or email at [email protected].

thanks Kyle

2. willpgn

willpgn Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

I would participate! I like 3 gun and Ive shot a lot of 2 gun also. The scoring is different than 3 gun and that would be a change for some of the 3 gun crowd. PHA runs an excellent 2 gun match and scoring is different but fairly easy and fun. Check out their monthly posting in the NC Events section (where you also posted this).

3. Kyle Dugan

Thank you i will take a look, The scoring is different but we are working with the US carbine Association about rules and regs to make it a little more similar to 3 gun scoring a rules. We don't want to change it to much though as we like the aspect of balance of speed and accuracy not just run and gun explosions. also 3 gun is mainly a game and 2 gun can be brought over to more real life applications due to the scoring and regs.

thanks Kyle

4. willpgn

willpgn Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

In my experience, the 2 gun scoring at the matches Ive shot seem to force you into a more balanced mindset/approach. The 3 gun rules are much more run and gun friendly. Ive seen some coming from all 3 gun background struggle a bit in the 2 gun because of this. I like both, but then I started in 2 gun and moved into 3 gun, so going back is much easier for me. Look foward to whatever you come up with!

5. Kyle Dugan

We have decided to host a 2 gun match in April, i will post on the forum and send you a message with more details as we get them. I am the Match director, so as soon as i get some time and details started i will post it.

6. JHawk19

JHawk19 Registered Member

I would be VERY interested in a two gun match. I'm obviously beyond the April 2014 timeframe, but if you're setting something up in the future, I'm in!!