Is there any advocacy for repealing the NFA entirely? | Carolina Shooters Club

Is there any advocacy for repealing the NFA entirely?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carry | National 2A Laws' started by 98cwitr, Jul 20, 2019.

1. 98cwitr

98cwitr Registered Member

I am very interested to know if any of you all are trying to voice support for having the NFA of 1934/1986 and the GCA of 1968 repealed. I've been reading a lot about them and it seems that they are blatantly unconstitutional. As a person with Form 4s pending a nearly 1 year wait (or more), and the fine line between what you can and cannot own as a law-abiding citizen, it is baffling how these Acts passed the judiciary in the first place. A lot of it seems to do with high crime during prohibition (DUH!) and the JFK/MLK assassinations (Oswald had mail-ordered the rifle used to kill the president). This has been a very long eroding process on our 2A rights, and I think it high time we push back. Obviously, we need solutions to satisfy the opposition. What is this forum's opinion on a national training requirement coupled with proper, safe, and quickly accessible gun storage to curb the threat of mishandling by unauthorized people (ie: theft, children, etc)? I support training and I support keeping guns out of the hands of untrained children and felons/thieves.

bradman likes this.
  2. bradman

bradman Innocent Bystander Club Subscribed

I like your reasoning. We could learn so much from Israel. Everyone goes through the military. Mandating more stuff on Americans makes us as Americans resistant, it is change and change is not always welcome. We should definitely do away with the NFA. We had our opportunity and our legislators hesitated and didn't act. It's unfortunate. We must vote correctly.

98cwitr likes this.