Is this legal? 114 plus days just for an appointment? | Carolina Shooters Club

Is this legal? 114 plus days just for an appointment?

Discussion in 'Grass Roots North Carolina (GRNC)' started by Barrett, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Barrett

Barrett Registered Member

First,

Thank you to all GRNC is doing. I just joined and donated to the cause.

Now...is it legal for Sheriff Baker to delay appointments for CCW permit applications more than 114 days?!!!

So this means from start of application to finish, it could take more than 160 days...it could take you almost 6 months to get a CCW permit in Wake County...who knows how long after the election depending on which way that goes.

2. Gundude274

Gundude274 Registered Member

Have a coworker who took his class in August. First appointment available was mid November. I told not to expect his permit before February, maybe. It's BS and just another infringement. A right delayed is a right denied.

3. Barrett

Barrett Registered Member

My class was August 15th. Certificates were not available for some reason at conclusion of class until today. I logged in and December 30th was the first available appointment.

4. Lawmaker

Lawmaker Member

.... I need to do this....

5. crsides

crsides Registered Member

get your concealed carry license and get around the BS.

6. Stockglock19

Stockglock19 Registered Member

I’m a retired correctional officer from Raleigh now living in Jacksonville NC. I had my concealed carry for a long time,took me about 30 days from class to appointment to permit in hand. This democratic liberal world is horrible. Be vigilant gunny,get your guns and keep buying all the ammo you can.

7. Adam Hewlin

Adam Hewlin Registered Member

Honestly most laws are illegal to begin with as they are based on Admiralty law and capitus diminutia maxima which is the law of the sea and corporate entities so legal is a relative term.Remember when the Dems pounded Obamacare as being the law of the LAND?That was their code speak for it's twice as illegal because it goes against admiralty law and against the Constitution because it's connected to the irs and federal reserve which are all illegal as hell by constitutional law.So yes it's illegal and plain friggin wrong.

8. 1up

1up Registered Member

If you READ the original post. That's what hes trying to do

9. Dan Kunz

Dan Kunz Registered Member

Guilford County
    I took the CCH class in August and applied online on the 24th - first available appointment Nov 19. We'll see how long it takes once that is done.

10. 45/70hunter

45/70hunter Registered Member

I dread what renewals will be like. I'd bet it about anything it won't be like last time I did it. No appointment needed, done in a lunch hour and still had time to eat. Fortunately I have over a year left on mine.....

11. SkydivnShooter

SkydivnShooter Staff Member Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

My wife's renewal is due in December so we are going to start the process inside 90 days which is in about two weeks.

I'll report what we run into.

45/70hunter likes this.
  12. Beretta418

Beretta418 Registered Member

It’s crazy times. I took my class and turned in my paperwork. I’m in Franklin County. They aren’t doing appointments. It’s walk in. I had my permit 1 day shy of 4 weeks after turning in paperwork. My wife took the clas a few weeks later and we turned her paperwork in a week ago. Still walk in. We’ll see how long it takes. A friend of mine took the class with me and he turned his paperwork in 2 days after I did (he’s in Johnston County and needed an appt). He just got his notice that his permit was ready yesterday.... so it took about 6 weeks for him. His wife took the class with my wife, and when he Called to get an appt for her, the first available was Oct 2nd.... so they are definitely getting backlogged as well. Wake County is ridiculous right now on wait times. Probably won’t get better anytime soon.

13. majicmike

majicmike AKA Studly Hungwell Club Subscribed

Sadly it’s all politics. When you have a sheriff that’s anti gun what do you expect. All you can do is wait and beg for Bakers mercy. All the lawsuits in the world won’t speed it up.

14. John H

John H Registered Member

I'm in Brunswick County and the Sheriff is supposed to be pro-gun. I moved here at the end of Feb before all this stuff hit. I got my paperwork in the beginning of April after the 30 days required to be a resident. Was told no fingerprints until further notice. She said to submit paperwork to get that completed by then and they will schedule fingerprint appointment. That took until July 7. Still nothing. Everything is blamed on Covid. Don't see how when all people have to do is place calls or look up records where you lived or with the FBI or what ever they do. So I wait. Can't do a thing about it. It's their game and their rules.

9/18 update: Finally broke down and called Sheriff's office. Lady could not have been nicer. She apologized and said she was now doing June applications and I should hear in about two weeks.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020 at 11:41 AM
  15. Evergreen

Evergreen Registered Member

I moved to the South Carolina side for a reason... Is any form of gun control actually legal? We've been needing a Supreme Court overhaul for a long time to hear out 2A cases that basically enable local governments to restrict people's rights.. Until then, you are basically at the mercy of your state's government to save you from itself.

Obviously, Covid will be used as the excuse to sooner or later disarm people if the wrong politicians get into power. Biden already said the solution to police shootings is to ban law abiding citizens from owning semi auto magazine fed rifles and "high cap magazines". There is no rationale to their thoughts and most of it is to fulfill an agenda.

Only thing I can say about North Carolina is they recognize out of state permits even for residents, so just go and find a state who that is willing to give you a permit/license and you can carry in North Carolina.

Arizona is being Californicated, but they still are issuing permits to anybody and I don't believe they require a permit from your state. Unfortunately, Utah now requires this. Florida I believe also issues out of state permits without a resident permit, but require you to go to local SHeriff for ink fingerprinting if you cannot go in person to get fingerprinted at Florida's facilities.