Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And she is a beauty... The red dot on top is a 2.5 MOA Trijicon SRO...

The first picture is just after completing the build an running 300 rounds through her.

The last 2 pictures are after having the slide milled for the red dot plate and having her Cerekoted. I do plan to mount the taller front site that came with the Trijicon plate, but it needs some machining to fit in the dovetail.

If anyone is interested in who did the Cerekote work, let me know and I will post that.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very cool. Eddie would be happy. Please tell us who did the Cerakote and milled the slide for you. I want to do something similar (but I’m more of a Zeppelin fan 😀).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ron Oakley of Big Oak did the Cerekote work and farmed out the slide milling to a buddy of his in Wake Forest, NC. You can reach Ron at (919) 771-8470.

I started with an 80% 2011 frame from Black Mountain. The slide and barrel are from Rock Island. The grip is from Extreme Shooters. Beavertail, slide stop, hammer and extended safety are all Kimber parts. Trigger came from Fusion and I use STI mags. The trickiest part was the disconnect. At standard 1911 disconnect wasn't doing the job, then I found a ball head, long disconnect from EGW did the trick. In all, this took me a little over 6 months to complete.

With the SRO on top, this thing is a tack driver!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts