Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Dog Defender
2,974 Posts
9mm is best, those other two rounds that start with 4 are unreliable. :sp

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I carry a 9 mm to stop a threat (hopefully). If I want to kill something I get my 44 mag.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I carry a 9 mm to stop a threat (hopefully). If I want to kill something I get my 44 mag.
Yeah, but by the time you get that hog leg out of the holster, you'll already be bleeding all over the ground! ;toast

·
U.S. Military (Retired)
796 Posts
9, 40, 45, etc. as long as you have one!

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's interesting point, but 9mm kills better than stops.

The problem is that a wounded person can die minutes later, but won't stop immediately. I read some statistics that 5-8 9mm rounds are required in average to stop a threat (i.e. thread has lost its verticality and ability to continue). So, 9mm is as effective in this as any other caliber - if you put your shot into a vital organ (and what is harder than for 45 as the caliber is smaller) or if the threat is simply frightened.

BTW, recently, somebody posted here a good ER doctor review of gun wounds, a lot of interesting info, including why John's 5.56 outperforms any pistol caliber. I don't remember the topic, but I saved the link on youtube:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.