Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
What kind of ages of kids do you have in mind? My son is 6, and has been shooting with me for awhile, but at that age it's hard to get them to focus on the correct methods. I haven't worried too much yet about his shooting techniques, as I have been trying to spend more time with making sure he's being safe.

·
Staff
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind of ages of kids do you have in mind? My son is 6, and has been shooting with me for awhile, but at that age it's hard to get them to focus on the correct methods. I haven't worried too much yet about his shooting techniques, as I have been trying to spend more time with making sure he's being safe.
I'm in the exact same spot, mine are 7 and 5.

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
I could also check with the President of my gun club, (Rockingham Co. Gun Club). They have great facilities there and also have youth programs. Let me know if any of you would be interested in that, I'm game for anything however. They do host youth groups, albeit in an organized fashion, so I'll have to check with the President or one of the board members to see if they would host a group of CSC/CSF parents with their kids. As a member, I'm allowed 2 guests per visit but I think they would probably accomodate us. Let me know if you guys and gal (Shelly) are interested and I'll shoot out some emails. Take care. Dave

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Ok. I just sent the President of RCGC an email requesting any consideration for hosting a parent/kids day at the gun club. I don't know what kind of response I'll get since it is a member's only club. Like I said before, I am a member but members are limited to two guests per visit. But they do host church youth events as well as Boy Scout events so I would think it is possible. I also volunteered to cover any fees the club may want to charge if that becomes necessary. I wouldn't imagine it would be all that much. If I get this thing to fly, I'd imagine that they will want this to be kind of structured, as in, having some RCGC staff members involved with orientaion of the facilities and so forth. I hope that does not scare anyone interested in this idea away. Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted on what kind of response I get. I'm hoping this works out because I'd love to meet you guys. Take care. - Dave

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.