Lake Norman fishing | Carolina Shooters Club

Lake Norman fishing

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by Jarheade4, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Jarheade4

Jarheade4 Registered Member

I live in Clemmons NC and I've been wanting to get down to Lake Norman for some fishing. I've found a good boat ramp that's only an hour for me to put in at 8268 Long Island Rd in Catawba NC. Any suggestions on bait and tackle shops in that area? Any tips or tricks on catching Hybrids and Stripper Bass would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you

2. 1up

1up Registered Member

Go through the weekdays or you will never get a good spot

3. Jarheade4

Jarheade4 Registered Member

Thank you for the heads up.

4. 1 eye

1 eye Registered Member

go when its overcast or raining the stripers like to come up and slash through shad you will see boils on top of water watch for seagulls they will alert you they go to where they are to get the hurt shad be quick but dont run up in the middle of schooling fish get close stop use trolling motor to ease up in casting distance i use a 5" redfin top water bait try to work it like hurt shad if you want to troll if you can use throw net you can find shad in the backs or creeks or you can buy shinners you will need airated bait tank they die easely i like to use trout they are tougher i troll with four baits in water at different depths just put split shots of different waits about a foot from hook use size 4 or 6 hook or small trebble hook hook through nose i use trolling motor, sometimes i will stop and let bait sink and swim then start trolling again i use bait casters with bait runner clickers, also you can find shad deep on fishfinder jig a hopkins or other flashie spoon try a guided trip one in spring one in fall watch and learn from guide

Jarheade4 likes this.