Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody aware of any landowner's in Cabarrus County that are looking for assistance in removing pest? (Coyote, crow, squirrels or others.) I have seen a few yotes on Flowes Store Road past Piney Grove rd.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
I'm in Cabarrus, and most landowners around me are still in denial that coyotes are a problem. Since I'm close to the Rocky River, I guess my neighbors never go out and listen at night, since it sounds like one of those 'dog symphonies' that people make lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there is lady that lives in my neighberhood that would disagree with them. The coyotes are coming up on her back porch looking in at her and her family. Do you think any of landowners around you would allow bow hunting on their land?

·
Provider of Facts
5,693 Posts
jlove1974:897750 said:
I'm in Cabarrus, and most landowners around me are still in denial that coyotes are a problem. Since I'm close to the Rocky River, I guess my neighbors never go out and listen at night, since it sounds like one of those 'dog symphonies' that people make lol.
I'm right off Plaza Rd ext and I've never heard yotes. Plus, I'm always outside at night with a bonfire.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
From what I have seen the 'yotes stick to large fields near the river where they can. My brother-in-law passed up a shot at a big female once during ML season. It was about 300 yards from my back deck. That's the last time he was allowed to hunt at my house, since he didnt' want to go to the trouble of reloading his Knight....
Also, the local WRC officer told me that he saw the largest coyote he'd ever seen in the field behind my house, and I have picked up several road-kill coyotes in the 33-35lb range. My dog has fought with smaller ones in my yard, and usually keeps them at bay but he stays in the house at night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.