Latest Appointments | Page 2 | Carolina Shooters Club

Latest Appointments

Discussion in 'Politics Section' started by Silver_Bullet, Nov 30, 2016.

1. SPM

SPM Permanently Banned Lifetime Member

With the UN Small Weapons Treaty and other international arms control looming, the stance of the next person that heads State is extremely relevant.

2. Noway2

Noway2 Well-Known Member

The UN was a creation of the last 1st turning following the crisis period known as WW2. Hopefully the next 1st turning following the climax of our current crisis period, which has yet to occur and likely won't for 4-5 years at east, will see its end.

SPM likes this.
  3. Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

He should've picked Trey Gowdy for Attorney General

wsfiredude likes this.
  4. DrDover

DrDover Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Not impressed with many of his insider selections. i understand you need some insiders. but there is no need to stack the deck with em.

Krabba and SPM like this.
  5. IrishCannon

IrishCannon Hall of Shame

I'm pretty dang content with Sessions. Not sure what Gowdy could have over him, especially on immigration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

6. WNC Seabee

WNC Seabee Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

I've been giving this a lot of thought. General Mattis was/is a great military leader; I KNOW he commands the respect of his troops and will take great care of their honor and devotion to the country. He is an effective and beloved commander of troops.

That being said, there is a clear and defining principle at stake regarding civilian oversight of the armed forces. This is one of the (many) things that makes the US unique and guards our liberty. The military must be accountable to the people; must be subject to command/control that is not a part of the uniformed services.

It seems unlikely, unimaginable, un-whatever, to think that we here in the US could be subject to a military coup, but any student of history knows that military power often does result in oppression and tyranny. This is why our Founders established the clear principle of civilian control. It was the right choice then and is the right choice now.

Krabba likes this.
  7. WNC Seabee

That's a good question.

8. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 Well-Known Member

All true and a very good point. If I remember correctly Military members are supposed to be out of service for 7 years before this type of appointment. But you are forgetting one very important fact. The US Constitution is basically dead. It didn't constrain the last President at all. And it won't constrain the next one either. The people in DC don't concern themselves much with dusty old documents. The current President has a phone and a pen. The next one is going to make it phone, pen and twitter account.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    cpippen likes this.
  9. cpippen

cpippen Member

This is possibly why he has given up on his campaign promise to jail Killery.

Mr. Warren Peace likes this.
  10. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Staff

Our founders? Our First President was a formal General.

Trump, a civilian is the Commander and Chief of the military . The Secretary of War / Defense in my opinion it is beneficial to be an expert in national defense. Many past Presidents and Secretaries have served. Veterans are also civilians once they retire or discharge. The Secretary of Defense / Formerly War, it is only recent history that it has been filled with those with non military backgrounds. Prior to WWII it was common for Military backgrounds.

Tailhunter likes this.
  11. Tailhunter

Tailhunter God Help Us Club Subscribed

I really like how Trump is screwing with them all. This is going to be a great 4 years.

pirate likes this.
  12. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Staff

I can question a few of the appointments, General Mattis isn't one of them. One of the best picks for Secretary of Defense imho.

nick9 likes this.
  13. Krabba

Krabba Registered Member

This one makes sense! LOL

[​IMG]

14. WNC Seabee

I think it's a hell of a good pick. They took a small family business and turned it into an international success. Pretty much the exact purpose of the SBA.

15. Krabba

Krabba Registered Member

Absolutely. Plus he had to pay her back for allowing him to do this...

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=fx__7pQemNI