Lawmens | Carolina Shooters Club

Lawmens

Discussion in 'Dealer & Firearm Reviews | Critiques' started by ladder13, Jun 21, 2021.

1. ladder13

ladder13 Registered Member

I’ve gotten some great deals in the past several years from them. New guns at dealers or lower, pricing. Scored some great used guns as well. NCHP guns. Sig P365. That sort of thing. Waiting on the logjam to break to order a SA Ronin 10 mm.
    Missed out on some bargains because their used stock changes daily.

BTW, they still have some NCHP P226 in 357 Sig in great condition.

2. fsj80

fsj80 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Isn’t this the FFL that decided a couple years ago that they wouldn’t sell to mere citizens any more and now only sell to first responders?

majicmike likes this.
  3. East of Here

East of Here Registered Member

Yes. As I recall it, Al sold out to Safariland (IIRC), and they promptly decided that average citizens were peons and were no longer good enough to buy firearms from them.

majicmike and fsj80 like this.
  4. Bailey Boat

Bailey Boat Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

And their absolutely right!!! I won't go there to buy ANYTHING, I'll take my soiled money some where else..... I believe that's called "voting with my wallet"..... And I'll also pass on their "going out of business" sales....

5. ladder13

I’ll check next week for another great deal.

SkydivnShooter likes this.
  6. Have gun-will travel

Have gun-will travel Member

This statement is false. The reason the quit selling to the public is because they are a law enforcement distributor and they were selling guns to the general public for the same price that they were selling to law enforcement and Personal Defense Firearms and range found out about it and they called Glock and Smith and Wesson and complained and Glock pulled their license to sell Glocks at le prices Smith and Wesson also informed them that they would no longer sell to them if they continue to sell to individuals that weren't law enforcement/ first responders. The average citizen can still go in there and purchase shirts ,hats, ammo, holsters and pretty much anything in there except firearms. I don't know if you can buy the used guns or not but I do know that new guns have to be sold to first responders only. They make photographic copies of your driver's license and your responder ID, Police I D etc

7. Have gun-will travel

I just got a S&W mod 39-2 from 1972 from them last week.

Jeppo likes this.
  8. East of Here

East of Here Registered Member

Actually, my statement is not false. I would agree with you that their hands were tied if they had only stopped selling new firearms to non-first responders - or if they had adopted a pricing structure where special pricing was only available to qualified (i.e. first responder) purchasers. But they didn't. They stopped selling ALL firearms, including their used firearms, to the general public. And that change closely coincided with the sale to Safariland. If they want to cater only to first responders, then that is their right. But as far as I am concerned, once they decided I am not good enough to buy a firearm from them due to some arbitrary distinction, there is no way in hell I am buying pants, ammo or anything else from them. I refuse to support a business that will not support me.

9. Have gun-will travel

I was stating why they quit selling to the public. They were told by Glock and S&W that if they wanted to keep doing LE sales of firearms that they could not sell to the general public at all. This info came from the previous owner . Have no reason to question what he said.Glock actually stopped selling to them for a year or more.

10. FINO

FINO Registered Member

freedom to buy or walk away, I choose to walk and take my money to businesses that do not treats me as an inferior person or customer.

11. jw556

jw556 Registered Member

Lawmans is shady. How about me buying ammo last January that said it would be in stock within two weeks and still haven’t got it. Cancelled my order a few weeks ago. I understand the ammo crisis, however when I walk in the show room and find the same ammo for 16.99 a box and I ordered it at 8.99 a box, well you get what’s going on. Worst part about it is they charged me up front and have held my money hostage with no intent to send me ammo. I even asked about get what I paid for out of the ammo in the showroom which was enough to cover what I ordered and they said no. They all but said they wouldn’t deliver the ammo until their price got back down to what I paid for it. I will never do business there again.

Adam Hewlin likes this.
  12. ladder13

It’s quite easy to qualify to purchase guns from Lawmens, from being in the military, to LE, to corrections, to volunteering for you local ambulance corps or fire dept, and more.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    Adam Hewlin likes this.