Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like my Lee Classic Turret Press. I am able to load the powder charges directly on the press. I think it's one of the best buys for the money!

--DirtySCREW

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I really like my Lee Classic Turret Press. I am able to load the powder charges directly on the press. I think it's one of the best buys for the money!

--DirtySCREW
I will agree with you. I really like mine and its loaded quite a bit of ammo for the small amount I paid for it.

I have a older Lee Turret Press that I have used for 25 yrs.. I just bought a Lee Progressive this past Saturday from a friend for $30.
I had one of these but went back to the turret due to having issues with the primer feeding system.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
This is another +1 for the Lee Turret Press. I hummed and hawed for years about reloading, before getting started last year. I don't understand some of the comments that I've read, about Lee equipment not being first class. I loaded 200 rounds of .45 ACP this afternoon. I expect them to go boom, much like the previous rounds of .45, .357 mag and 9mm has. I likey!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I love my Lee turret, bought from a friend for $15, took it apart, cleaned it and ordered some upgrades (3 to 4 hole conversion and a ram upgrade to bring it up to date). Now it turns out round after consistent round for the calibers I don't use a lot of in high numbers. Easy to configure and works every time. Makes you wonder how their progressives turned out to be so bad :-\

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just received my Lee Classic Turret Press kit from Kempf's Gun Shop - nice deal. I have been messing with the 9mm dies to get them adjusted for bullet seating and crimping (no primer nor powder yet).

Below are 3 cartridges from the Lee, with 1 factory Federal mixed in - can anyone tell the difference and pick out the factory load? there is one clue in the photo that gives it away...

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
yep - the 2nd from the right is the factory load. The other 3 are slightly over-crimped and I'm still working on that. You can see the deviation in the light reflection down the brass in the 3 cases that I reloaded. The factory case has a straight line down the case from the light reflection, while the other 3 have a slight ripple.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.