Let's talk actions... | Carolina Shooters Club

Let's talk actions...

Discussion in 'The Snipers Nest' started by S3th, Oct 8, 2018.

1. S3th

S3th Registered Member

I am in the process of building my first Precision Rifle and I can't decide on which action to run. There are so many different actions to choose from now so that is a blessing and a curse.

What is everyone running here? & if you know of any FFLs that carry actions like Bighorn, Defiance, Impact please drop them below in the thread! I would love to get my hands on some!

2. Teacher

Teacher Registered Member

What caliber are you interested in?

Can't go wrong with a Defiance, Surgeon or Impact. If you want the ultimate, check out CheyTac or Accuracy International . They only sell complete rifles & you better have some serious coin.

I don't know of any local FFLs that carry high end actions. They could probably order you one though.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  3. S3th

S3th Registered Member

I am thinking about 6.5PRC. I would rather build my own and dealer pricing doesn't seem to be any better than ordering directly from the maker.

I am currently leaning towards a Curtis Customs Vector.

Teacher likes this.
  4. sneaky223

sneaky223 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

6.5 prc i just finished. Deviant, Proof, Trigger Tech diamond, Manners and Nightforce shv. 20200506_184655_copy_1008x477.jpg

SkydivnShooter likes this.
  5. S3th

S3th Registered Member

Nice! I really like the PRC but I choose 6.5 Creedmoor for my hunting rifle caliber. I am picking up my LPA Fuzion Monday from the FFL. Still waiting on the prefit to be shipped and the stock to be made.

SkydivnShooter likes this.
  6. ggmanning

ggmanning Registered Member

Lots of good ones. Defiance makes a lot of the personal actions for many custom smiths like the Alpha 11 that my favorite builder Mark/Short Action Customs uses, as well as APA, Louisiana Precison Rifle, GAP Templar, etc. Any Defiance Machine action is a great start. I also like the Surgeon 591 actions for a build.

Last edited: May 10, 2020