Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ar Hugger. Carpe diem per guttur .
12,561 Posts
Please stop posting pics of 39A's during tax refund time. The temptation is overwhelming.

Luckily no pawn shops in town ever have one so they never get a chance to follow me home.

·
Wings of Gold 1990
6,752 Posts
The 30as 336 I picked up is almost as old as I am, made in 74.

Cant wait to shoot it.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I am also a huge fan of lever rifles. I currently have a 39A and a 336BL. Love them both! Had several 336's in the past, a 1895SS in 45-70 but would love one in 357 mag.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Nice wood.
Thanks. I bought it from a now retired LEO in Mebane for $200 if I remember correctly. The below picture is why it was so cheap! Took lots of gun scrubber and paint stripper. Blueing was great though and I didn't need to touch a thing up metal wise. I did 11 coats of tru oil on the stock. One of the very few I wish I hadn't sold. Just couldn't drag it around the woods hunting.

·
Ar Hugger. Carpe diem per guttur .
12,561 Posts
^ Nice tractor. I drove one like that many a summer afternoons. Back then parents made you work your rear end off in high school until you were old enough to get a job. It was a firm reminder to go to college as soon as you got out of high school.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.