"Limited Out" Video | Carolina Shooters Club

"Limited Out" Video

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by mdslammer, Dec 16, 2013.

1. mdslammer

mdslammer Registered Member

Been a while since posting. Been kinda caught up with life like everyone else. Anyway, I just started hunting birds this year.
    I have to say, I absolutely LOVE IT! Last week I was out with a couple of buddies hunting duck in Overton, NV. We were able
    to get our limit of 21 birds.

I took some pics and made a short 1 minute video to share. If anyone's interested in viewing, here's the link.

https://vimeo.com/81664341

MDslammer.

I can only imagine how amazing hunting water fowl in your state must be. You are all very fortunate.

2. bondjamesbond

bondjamesbond Прошлой неделе

Good deal man. Duck hunting here in NC can be great and some years it can be a bust.
    I would advise finding your closest Ducks Unlimited chapter, or start one if there is not one, and get involved. You can make some very valuable contacts for future hunts at the DU Banquets. Go get 'em.

3. SHOWTIME100

SHOWTIME100 Registered Member

Its been really a bust around Jordan Lake :(

4. SHOWTIME100

cool video

5. SPST

SPST Well-Known Member

My son shoots more ducks in Colorado than he ever shot in NC.
    Also, to southern folks "bird hunting" means quail.

6. trcubed

trcubed well...bye Lifetime Member

Yes it has...

I've shot more ducks in one day in West Kentucky than I've SEEN in NC.

7. GSOshooter

GSOshooter Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Great video!

8. Redhead08

Redhead08 Registered Member

Great video with a great view from the blind. Duck Hunting in NC isn't what its all jacked up to be. I have killed more ducks in five days in North Dakota than I killed in two years in NC in years past. 15 years ago you could go out on opening day in NC and pretty much have free choice of where to hunt. Now duck hunting has become the cool thing to do you have to pretty much fist fight for a spot. I have no desire to mix with the skybusters and jack legs on public water. I'll stick to hunting out of state. Be thankful you have such a beautiful place to hunt!! Sorry for the rant but duck hunting etiquette should be a prerequisite before hunting ducks here in NC. Its gotten down right ridiculous here in NC.

9. SHOWTIME100

well said Redhead, over the last 3 years Its got pretty rediculous and a waste of time to try the gamelands. I live in Chatham County and drive past the "honey holes" and see more people and trucks than I can count. Some of these Duck Hunters are strait up rude to others and it gives all of us a bad rep. Maybe I should grow and long beard and shop at walmart for a duck comander shirt and try Falls Lake :)