Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I almost started to do one of my Glocks today but decided against it. I can send it off to the GlockStore to have it done, but woudl rather try to keep the dollars in the CSC vendor community if possible. I have considered the grip tape approach, but not sure how they would hold up in the long run in an ultrasonic cleaner.

I have my Glock 21 and likely my Kahr PM9 I'd like done. Post up your suggestions or please send a PM.

This is pretty much what I am after.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can do it yourself I got a good soldering iron from radio shack and started practicing on hair brushes and them ar mags you will get comfortable after a few trys do mot go in lines ,random patterns are best I like the feel and look ......

·
Vendor
8,204 Posts
For that price I'd almost come get it and do it. :) I got the same pattern using an adjustable tip soldering iron I got from Lowes. I used the smallest tip in the bunch. BUT, 2 problems with that patter. It's too high on the frame and keep it off the beaver tail. That edge will poke you to death IWB. Here's mine in one of my holsters. Notice I learned the above after the fact.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right, I can do it (had a hot soldering iron in my hand yesterday ready to start), but I know my patience level, and I am not confident it will turn out the way I want it to, and then it'd bother the hell out of me.

Jason, you are more than welcome to come on down and do it! I agree; that picture above might be overdoing it; I will fix that. I saw where Chris W. at Range 37 does it. I may try giving them a call.

Re: Talon; they look good and are priced right, but not sure how they'd hold up in the ultrasonic cleaner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.