Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and uncles are labeld as expert hunters and have been in magazines and news articles and are well known for there hunting and tracking abilities all throughout new england so I figured id share some pics of my dads head mounts and his biggest buck ever killed in maine in 1987 a 235lb 10pointer that grossed 156 BC. another is of one of my uncles with a 220lb 8 pointer he killed in maine that grossed 135. Snow Dog Vertebrate Plant Dog breed
Hunting Elk Trophy hunting Deer Wood
Vertebrate Elk Mammal Deer Horn
Elk Vertebrate Deer Organism Mammal

Attachments

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Growing up in the maine north woods i've seen some monster bucks.
Totally different style of hunting than NC. One deer per person, bucks only.
Short season. No dogs or baiting allowed.

·
Provider of Facts
5,693 Posts
Is your family the ones that Outdoor Life did a huge spread on their abilities to cut a track in the snow, guess the size if deerx then follow it, kill it, then be spot on with how big they guessed it. If so, I'm jealous.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is your family the ones that Outdoor Life did a huge spread on their abilities to cut a track in the snow, guess the size if deerx then follow it, kill it, then be spot on with how big they guessed it. If so, I'm jealous.
I'm not sure to be completely honest, i know there was a big news article that was published about ten years ago and they did an article on my dad and a bunch of other new england deer hunters that was called "are Vermonters the best trackers" so that may be linked to what your thinking of maybe

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
The Outdoor Life article was on the Benoit (sp?) family, are these some of the same guys? Tracking seems to be the preferred method in the North Woods. Hard work, but a lot less boring than sitting on a stand can be sometimes. Again I am impressed with the tenacity it shows and the bucks they have killed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Growing up in the maine north woods i've seen some monster bucks.
Totally different style of hunting than NC. One deer per person, bucks only.
Short season. No dogs or baiting allowed.
Originally from Vermot myself I can relate!! I LOVE hunting on snow cause ive tracked some deer before and killed some on the track but nothing like my old mans and uncles success, I have learned allot from them over the years and got started at a young age but I completley agree, TOTALLY different style of deer hunting between up there and down here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.