Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Check over at Rimfire Central http://www.rimfirecentral.com/ They are serious about their optics over there and seems to be a brisk trade in older ones.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Search the completed listings on fleebay. I'm thinking it would sell very well.
I just finished cleaning up the scope and now can read all the data.

It's a Lyman Target Spot in 10x, with ultra fine cross hair reticle. I also have the wood box. There is not much info on the web about these scopes. Looks like they were made from around 1930--1950's. That would be about right as my grandfather was a big bench rest shooter at Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club back in the 50's. I also have a Remington 722 .222 rifle but it will never leave my house. It's all custom carved by my grandad. I will take some photos just to show off this cool rifle.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are photos of the rifle from my grandad. It's a Remington 722 in .222
All the carving was done by my grandad. He was one of the last true craftsman. He lived to be almost 99 years old before he passed. Crusty ole guy. I guess in his day, he could shoot!!

Enjoy the photos, you won't see one of these very often:

Brown Wood Trigger Air gun Amber
Wood Musical instrument Helmet Tints and shades Hardwood
Wood Amber Air gun Shotgun Helmet
Hand Air gun Wood Gesture Trigger
Wood Amber Tints and shades Metal Fashion accessory
Amber Wood Orange Tints and shades Flooring
Wood Everyday carry Knife Rectangle Hunting knife
Helmet Wood Air gun Knife Shotgun

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.