Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am switching over to the M&P line again and had a few questions. I have a Ruger MK II Competition Target Model with 7" slab side bull barrel. It is probably more accurate than my 10/22. I love the pistol, but since I am switching over to the M&P do y'all think I should get a M&P 22 to go along with my M&P 45c? If I did go with the M&P I would have to sell the MK II, but don't really want to just because of how well the MK II shoots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SlayerNut - RIP
13,354 Posts
Not unless the main purpose of having the 22 is for practice (not having to shoot the 45). I'd keep the Ruger.

Save up, then get the m&p if you feel the need to get one.

The m&p is on my want list too, just not in the top 5 at the moment.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah after thinking about it I agree with you completely. If I sold the Ruger I know that I would regret it dearly. That thing is just so dang accurate! I've also had it for probably 15-16 years. Just don't think I could let it go.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You will regret it if you get rid of the Ruger. I don't think the M&P22 will be able to equal it's accuracy. I think it would be an awesome gun for training, etc..& familiarity with the M&P. Save up for the M&P22, but don't get rid of the Ruger is my advice.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Don't sell the Ruger, I had a chance to shoot a M&P22 last week, I was not that impressed. Not nearly as accurate as my Buckmark and it had alot of FTF. (Could have been the ammo) Even if you just got to have one, keep the Ruger!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I'm an M&P shooter but I agree with the posts above. Keep the Ruger and save up for the M&P 22. When you have your money together, go to Lawmans and you will get the best price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.