Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has had the VTAC and if it is worth the extra money? I just want to get some opinions from people who have more experience with it than I do.
Thanks in advance
Canaan

·
Registered
134 Posts
Depending on what you pay for the VTAC handgun no its not worth it. If you can get a regular pistol for around $475 you can just change the sights for $100. Those VTAC sights are not the best IMO. If you love the color and the factory finish I guess its the pistol for you, but if you just want it because of the "upgrades" it has don't bother. I have handled both and I have a M&P9 which I duracoted FDE(just the frame).

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
Lawmens sells M&P9's for $399.......the is nothing the VTAC version gives me over the standard version that I see value in especially with the significant price difference.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Just curious if anyone has had the VTAC and if it is worth the extra money? I just want to get some opinions from people who have more experience with it than I do.
Thanks in advance
Canaan
NO!!! Buy a new 9mmFS off the rack and, if you want, change out the sights. You are wasting money to have a gun with 'VTAC' printed on it. Just seems like a huge waste of money. As far as the sights...they suck IMHO. Buy you some Aremiglo's for less than $100 and install them yourself. And from what I read else where the newer M&P's have the new trigger (read: more positive reset, for those of you that believe in that sort of thing).

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had the chance to shoot one once that belonged to a friend of mine. As others have said I wasn't overly impressed with the sights, kind of hard to get used to them. Other than the sights and finish I didn't notice anything different between the VTAC and my standard M&P. It felt the same in my hand and was no more accurate then mine. IMO it's not worth the money, just buy a standard M&P and install the Apex trigger kit.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
The V-Tac sights (made by Trijicon) are a good bit more expensive than regular M&P Trijicons when it comes time to replace them. That being said I like the V-Tac. Lawmans sells the V-Tac model at a great price.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.