Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to be first, as my rifle is first in competition with my brother's 10/22

CB

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I love my 60, it's a tack driver @ 100 yds.

·
Wings of Gold 1990
6,752 Posts
Ive got both a 795 and a 60. Both shoot better than I ever could.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Marlin semi-autos are little gems. My 60DLX with a Weaver 2-7x32 & shoots the staples outta my target at 25yds. Easy 1" groups at 50yds, just goofing around. Also have a 795 with TechSights & it's a tack-driver as well. Just like my old 99M1.

Accurate, fun, reliable little guns. Grew up on 'em & still love 'em today. All 4 of my rimfire rifles are Marlins, if that means anything.

ETA- my 60DLX is going on squirrel duty after Thanksgiving. Gonna try sniping some tree rats outta my ladder stand & I'm sure it'll be a squirrel killin' machine.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Funny how a Marlin 60 or 795 for $120 will out-shoot a $190 10/22 with another $100 in goodies hanging off of it.

I sold my 10/22 years ago and have been shooting 60's and 795's as my .22lr autoloaders ever since.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Every rimfire Marlin I've ever had has been very accurate. Their ''micro groove'' rifling must be the ticket.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
My first gun purchase was a Glenfield model 60, 30 something years ago. Still have it and it will shoot the balls off a gnat at 100 yards.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
First rifle I ever purchased back in '76-'77. Still have it!! Many a squirrel have fallin' to its accuracy over the years!!

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I have 2 model 60s. While they may be able to "shoot the balls off a gnat at 100 yards", I'm sure I can't.

I once heard a fellow say that his .22 rifle could "shoot the hemorrhoids off a gnat's ass, at a 100 yards".

Sounds like the gnats are in trouble!!

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
My son has a Marlin 60 DLX along with a Ruger 10-22. Both are very nice little rifles. I put a set of fiber optic sights I got from Brownells on the Marlin. They are manufactured by Williams Gun Sight. Great improvement over the factory sights. I've posted the link on CSC before but here it is for those interested. They also make them for the 10-22:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...37.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=WILLIAMS GUN SIGHT

·
Ar Hugger. Carpe diem per guttur .
12,561 Posts
I put a set of fiber optic sights I got from Brownells on the Marlin. They are manufactured by Williams Gun Sight. Great improvement over the factory sights. I've posted the link on CSC before but here it is for those interested. They also make them for the 10-22:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...37.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=WILLIAMS GUN SIGHT
I just gave away a rear blade for those and I have a set mounted on one of my 60's. Awesome sights. I have another beat to hell 60 that's stripped down waiting for me to refinish the stock and repaint the receiver. After trying tech sights on my 10/22 carbine, I'll be buying a set for the Marlin. My 80's model Marlin 60 is my favorite plinker. It can hold 18 rounds and still let me go prone.

·
Banned
2,634 Posts

I aquired this Model 60 with the Squirrel stock back in 1973, my first rifle. I refurbished the internals last year and she runs like a Swiss watch. Its a classic rimfire rifle.

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
I have a Glenfield 60, two Glenfield 75's, a Glenfield 25, 3 10/22's and a 77/22 at home. I suppose you could say I'm an equal opportunity rimfire lover regardless of whether it's a Marlin or a Ruger.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.