Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Never had or messed with a Stevens, but currently have a Mav 88. I've been very pleased with it, and currently have about 400 shells fired through it, with no problems whatsoever. Cheap, reliable, and easy to find parts for as it's pretty much the same as a Mossberg 500. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Stevens 320 was made and assembled in China, whereas the Maverick is made using some Mexican made parts and then assembled here in the US. I would rather go with the Maverick 88 for that reason alone, but that's just personal preference.

·
Banned
15,135 Posts
Can't speak for the Stevens, but a friend of mine has put maybe a thousand through a Maverick with no issues. It is a simplified mossberg 500, and accessories are interchangeable with a mossberg 500.

Moving This to our new Shotgun Section :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Here's my 88 story. My neighbor says to me one day, "Can you look at my shotgun? It's not working..." He goes to his truck, pulls out what was at one time a pistol grip 88. It had been transformed into a solid piece of rust. I sprayed it with WD-40 and brushed with a wire brush for 3 nights and got it to where the action could cycle. Once I got it down that far I could see there was some pretty serious damage to the barrel and I told him I wouldn't fire it....

Well, I cleaned it up a little more, put some CLP on it and gave it back to him. About a week later he told me how he shot it and it worked great and thanked me for fixing it ;sam

I say this because I was pretty impressed with the gun. It's not the guns' fault that he left in a leaky-roof truck for over a year and it rusted but it still worked after all that. I just wish I had taken pictures now because I frequently re-tell this story!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.