Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Question for y'all. I'm working on my shop in Rutherfordton, driving from Black Mountain daily. Kerosene for my kerosun heater is really expensive in the mountains (all our fuels are 15 to 20 cents per gallon more than down the mountain). I'm looking for somewhere along the way in McDowell (Old Fort or Marion) where I can fill my Kerosene can.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

· Administrator
3,314 Posts
Good luck with your search. A couple of years ago, I ran into the same issues with kerosene. The place i bought from stopped carrying it and i couldn't find it anywhere.

I ended up selling both my heaters and five cans and switched to Propane.

· Premium Member
67 Posts
Same here. Local farm store wouldn’t pay rediculous prices from distributors so tank has been empty since last year. Said all sources were from up north. Small gallon of K1 was on shelf at Walmart for over $10 gallon. Wall mount propane heater or Buddy makes one on wheels that stores 20lb tank in back.

· Registered
510 Posts
You may want to try Sugar Hill Food Mart 4111 Sugar Hill Rd, Marion. Google Maps looks like it shows a kerosene pump near the front of the building. Also a BP station at 2815 Sugar Hill Rd, Marion looks like they have a Kero pump on the right hand side of the store.

I'm only using Google maps with street view but these look like kero pumps and not diesel.

Hopefully one of these two will work out for you.

· Registered
796 Posts
I have been blown away by the price difference on each side of the mountain.

There's two gas stations on the second exit down old fort mtn (McDonald's), one on the left and one on the right. Each i think have kerosene on the far left side. Been awhile.

Getting off 40 to head down 221 there's a gas station there in the left, used to be the shell station, right beside the dollar general. They have so some oddball pumps around the back, but that may be diesel.

They're all on your way to Rutherford. I'll poke around next time I'm down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts