Metro Arms Amigo mega-fail | Carolina Shooters Club

Metro Arms Amigo mega-fail

Discussion in 'Carolinas 1911 Forum' started by Exodus5, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Exodus5

Exodus5 Registered Member

So I recently traded for a brand new Metro Arms Amigo (compact). Took it to the range and fired ~88 rounds. First two mags were pretty good, but from there on out is snowballed. Failed to return to battery multiple times, but a little tap on the rear of the slide usually took care of it. Then it hung up out of battery once but wouldn't return to battery manually. Hadn't stripped a round out of the mag, either. I removed the mag and tried to put it back and lock the slide, but it wouldn't go back far enough to enable the slide lock. I had to disassemble it and it actually hung up and didn't appear to want to come off the frame. I completely disassembled it finally and found that the reverse plug was deformed due to some sort of contact (not hardened?) and the spring was kind of boogered up. I got it all back together and it appeared to work fine, but the failures to return to battery continued at least 3 times every magazine. I noticed it didn't lock back after the last round and my aim was getting worse and worse. Turned out it would no longer come all the way back to lock the slide open and the front sight had come loose. Jeeze. I have returned it and I'm waiting on another one to come in to see if that one will work better.

2. J.Boyette

J.Boyette Teacher of the Craft Lifetime Member

What is a Metro Arms Amigo???

John

3. tsconver

tsconver Sponsor Club Subscribed

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  4. Exodus5

Exodus5 Registered Member

5. jcs3876

jcs3876 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I have a Metro Arms Vista Long in 38 super and the thing is absolutely amazing! A true speed/competition race gun! Don't judge them on 1 bad pistol, if you haven't heard of them check them out before you judge. The Amigo admittedly is the lower end of their line up.