Midway USA | Carolina Shooters Club

Midway USA

Discussion in 'Dealer & Firearm Reviews | Critiques' started by Barrett, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Barrett

Barrett Registered Member

I get it...Covid and other issues means some are working remotely or with reduced staff. So I'm willing to cut Midway USA some slack....But...

Anyone else having issues with Midway USA and ordering and receiving product?

Jarheade4 likes this.
  2. Jarheade4

Jarheade4 Registered Member

You're not alone. I placed an order on June 6th. After waiting two weeks the items never moved by the tracking number. They gave me a refund. My order just showed up in the mail today. Since then I placed orders at Primary Arms and PSA. Both companies had their products delivered to me within 1 week or less. I will not order from Midway again. That was my 1st and last order I'll be making with them.

3. Barrett

I had ordered from them before and it was great. I wish I had check the reviews before hand on this order. I'm not sure what has happened but they have just fallen off a cliff...dozens of people with complaints of orders never being delivered and no customer service at all.

Very sad actually.

Jarheade4 and SkydivnShooter like this.
  4. Bigdave0924

Bigdave0924 Member

I ordered from them A month ago and it took about 3 weeks to get product.

Jarheade4 likes this.
  5. SkydivnShooter

SkydivnShooter Staff Member Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

I wish I had a dollar for every dollar I have spent at Midway USA over the years.

I'm sorry to hear that they are having customer service problems.

Jarheade4 likes this.
  6. cocopuff

cocopuff Registered Member

A lot of the vendors are in the areas most affected by the virus and those states were not allowing goods to be made or shipped so the lag time for those products is sure to be long in coming.

7. copdills

copdills Registered Member

I just ordered some shotgun parts from midway usa and got them in 5 days everything went great

8. Barrett

It appears that some items they are stocking and being shipped as much as normal as possible. Other items it appears are being drop shipped by Midway "partners" so they don't have the stock the items. It is apparently those non-stocked items that are a problem.

I ordered a leather holster that showed as being "in stock" while other holsters I was looking at showed as "out of stock". So when I ordered on the 24th of June, it showed being shipped on the 25th of June by the "partner" company...impressive. However, I never received it on the "delivery before July 1st". Instead I got an email stating their "partner" was re-using the same tracking number and so it was invalid. No word of a replacement number.

I attempted to call Midway but no one answered the support number. I sent a message through the website support and got a canned response that no one was monitoring the phones and that email was the best way. Five emails and no response. I'm guessing the "partner" company did not have the item in stock, re-used the same tracking number which showed it had been shipped so they would get paid, and the item is either back-ordered or they simply aren't sending it out. Either way a piss poor way to do business.

The credit card company is processing a credit.

9. Pumpkinslinger

Pumpkinslinger Not Subscribed

I've been pretty pleased with Midway for many years. I've had them call me to make sure I was happy with their service. Recently they had some kind of shipping hiccup that delayed some parts for about a week. They'll stay my "go to" source.

10. carolina sorillo

carolina sorillo Registered Member

I haven't had a problem with Midway yet. But I did have one with Powder Valley. I ordered 2 boxes of .270 110gr V-Max. In a very timely manner I received a box from them. Unfortunately, it contained 2 boxes of .224 55gr V-Max! I have ordered from them several times and this was the first issue. I emailed them and included a picture of the 2 boxes I received and the order form that was in the boxes with the them. I got no response for 2 days so I called. The lady I talked to was very nice and helpful. Nobody's perfect, and they made good on it so I chalk it up to "$h!t happens", and go on with life.

I think with all that's going on now, there may be some office workers in the warehouse of some places trying to help out.

CS

11. Sevenshot

Sevenshot Registered Member

I've always liked midway but apparently they aren't staffed appropriately right now. Supposedly extremely behind on emails and shipping. I did have ordering issues recently but it was Greensboro USPS and not midways fault.

12. Bigdave0924

Bigdave0924 Member

They sent an apology email yesterday

13. MRMIKE

MRMIKE Registered Member

Dear Customer,
    The MidwayUSA Customer experience has not been what we want or you deserve over the past few months. For this, we’re truly sorry.

Because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, internet commerce has been and continues to be at an all-time high, creating unprecedented levels of MidwayUSA orders and residential deliveries for our package delivery partners. This has created some challenges:

1. While we’ve projected estimated delivery dates as accurately as possible, there have been delays from our package delivery partners as they’ve experienced large volumes and Employee shortages. If your order didn’t arrive on time, or you received inaccurate tracking information, or both, we’re very sorry. If your order hasn’t arrived yet, rest assured it’s on the way. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience in allowing a few extra days before contacting us.
    2. We're hiring as fast as we can and continue to do our best to respond to Customers as quickly as possible, but our incoming communications exceed our capacity. Regrettably, we’ve had to temporarily stop taking phone calls, and even web chats at times, and still can’t process all your communications fast enough. We’ve remained several days behind in answering emails, and have long wait times when web chat is enabled. All available Employees, regardless of their position in the company, continue to help ship packages and respond to Customers. We’ll resume phone calls and web chats as soon as possible.

We’re very sorry for the package delays and communication issues.

Thanks so much for your patience, understanding, and loyalty.

Matt Fleming
    President | NRA Benefactor

14. richard corn

richard corn Registered Member

And that's the way it is

15. ladder13

ladder13 Registered Member

They’re not delivering a heart valve or kidney so I wait patiently. ymmv

SkydivnShooter likes this.
  16. kpnc2001

kpnc2001 Registered Member

My recent Midway order was shipped very promptly. It was odd, UPS delivered it to the USPS for the final leg of the delivery. It sat in the Greensboro facility (where I live) for over two weeks. I also ordered a month or so back, a rifle from a company that sent it FedEx and had it shipped to my FFL. The tracking information was never correct and never showed it was delivered, so I decided to go to the FFL. He in fact had it, said it had been left at the door of another business in his complex. The delivery companies are having a tough time.

17. xRHINOx

xRHINOx Registered Member

I spend way too much at Midway. So far no issues. Optics Planet that's another story. They show it's in stock nut not shipping. I sent them a what's up email and they shipped part of the order. Not sure what they are waiting on for the rest?

18. Barrett

Well...better late than never...I finally did receive the holster. It had been dropped off at the USPS.

19. xRHINOx

Yea The problems I have with several of these is they ship UPS then it gets switch to USPS to make the final delivery.

Time to hit the range Barrett.

20. Barrett

I just scored some 300 Blackout...we should go this week...

21. xRHINOx

Was looking at going to my range on Wednesday. Will text you later.

22. MRMIKE

MRMIKE Registered Member

I started paying the extra coupla' bucks and ship UPS, get everything in 2-3 days. The UPS to USPS sucks, even if it's free. I have had several items "lost" this year due to
    usps, they are not dependable any more.

Barrett likes this.