Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Not Here Anymore.
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just curious on why it was so bad. I'm going to watch it soon after I get home from work in a few. Was it because of the way they were portrayed.

From a tree stand with a Droid. Its bow time.
It's not a serious look at militias. It's a bunch of extremely overweight tactical Timmys running around in the desert in full kit.

They exercise extremely poor weapon handling skills.

An AR-15 is referred to as an AK47.

I'm not sure I believe any of these guys are actual militia groups. I was expecting a documentary or something, in actuality, it was something closer to Sons of Guns.

Giant, steaming turd.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Honestly what got to me the most was how they all pretended to be military " barking orders and doing push ups. News flash a holes if u want to be a soldier go to the recruiting office and quit being a tool. Just the opinion of an army vet...

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's not a serious look at militias. It's a bunch of extremely overweight tactical Timmys running around in the desert in full kit.

They exercise extremely poor weapon handling skills.

An AR-15 is referred to as an AK47.

I'm not sure I believe any of these guys are actual militia groups. I was expecting a documentary or something, in actuality, it was something closer to Sons of Guns.

Giant, steaming turd.
Wow, didn't think it would be like that. That sucks and perfect timing as well. More ammo for the AWB supporters.

From a tree stand with a Droid. Its bow time.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Looked like a lot of the guys you see at gun shows? The morbidly obese commander from Indiana cracked me up! Especially when he said they were going to "hit them hard and fast". The only thing he has hit hard and fast is the all you can eat buffet!

·
RWVA Instructor
2,219 Posts
This thread is very confusing to me. It sounds almost like you guys are saying there's a ridiculous and awful show on television. That can't be.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Honestly what got to me the most was how they all pretended to be military " barking orders and doing push ups. News flash a holes if u want to be a soldier go to the recruiting office and quit being a tool. Just the opinion of an army vet...
I saw very, very few people who could:

a) meet the lowest physical requirements
or
b) pass a basic psych eval

·
Premium Member
15,599 Posts
I saw very, very few people who could:

a) meet the lowest physical requirements
or
b) pass a basic psych eval
I would be perfect for the army, if I didn't have to run, carry heavy stuff long distances, sleep outside for more than a few days without a cooler full of beer, and do a pull up.

Other than that, I'm the perfect soldier.

·
Banned
389 Posts
I didnt see the show and dont watch too much TV due to the stupidness of todays content.
What is wrong with forming a "Well Regulated Militia"?
If formed, They are formed from everyday people who can be fit for duty and supply their own rifle. I'm sure there could be a role in the militia for the fat guy, Maybe radioman or transport driver.
There are some countries out there that expect their citizens to be prepared and armed. Ours was once based on that principal. Somehow over the years its now looked at as bad, evil and unpatriotic. IF we were to be invaded, Do you think our military could stop it? Or do you think it would need to rely on locals on the ground? Personally, I think the arrogance of our govt would hinder the performance of the military so much in this situation that there would be no choice but for the locals to be involved.
So why not have the people trained? The only reason I can think is because govt is afraid of trained civilian populations. Isnt that the way its supposed to be? Checks and balances.

·
Not Here Anymore.
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didnt see the show and dont watch too much TV due to the stupidness of todays content.
What is wrong with forming a "Well Regulated Militia"?
If formed, They are formed from everyday people who can be fit for duty and supply their own rifle. I'm sure there could be a role in the militia for the fat guy, Maybe radioman or transport driver.
There are some countries out there that expect their citizens to be prepared and armed. Ours was once based on that principal. Somehow over the years its now looked at as bad, evil and unpatriotic. IF we were to be invaded, Do you think our military could stop it? Or do you think it would need to rely on locals on the ground? Personally, I think the arrogance of our govt would hinder the performance of the military so much in this situation that there would be no choice but for the locals to be involved.
So why not have the people trained? The only reason I can think is because govt is afraid of trained civilian populations. Isnt that the way its supposed to be? Checks and balances.
You should really watch the show before comment on it.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Ok this is what I watched:
Yep, Another stupid TV show. How much of what they do is true, Who knows. The guy who called his AR an AK admittedly said he knew nothing about guns and was there to learn.
I see nothing wrong with people training to be prepared. Really, Not everyone has served and not everyone has a ton of cash to go to an expensive school on how to do this by the book. They learn with whats available. Thats better than doing nothing at all.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Oh sweet Jesus! Thank you for posting the link to that show. You just provided me with 45mins of pure hilarity!! I literally laughed my ass off at those clowns. That former army pussy who started crying when he was talking was priceless!!

·
Banned
389 Posts
The judgement of some of you guys. This guy served his country and while doing so shattered his legs ending his career. I am sure he is really emotional over it and you guys judge him. Thats very sad and shows bad character. I had a military career ending illness and to this day it still bothers me. I planned on being a lifer and that was cut short on me.
First, Its a TV show and who knows what is scripted.
Second, These are civilians doing the best of their knowledge to train and prepare. It may not be as good as you armchair Navy SEALs, Nor do they claim to be.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
You cant be serious?? That was the most atrocious pile of shit I have ever seen. I will watch it again for sheer entertainment value, it was hilarious. I loved when that pig in a human suit from indiana was yelling, "SgtMaj. Tomahawk!" LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.