Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry since I am sure this has been brought up once or twelve times...
So, I am wanting to look at making my plain Jane mosin a sniper wannabe. Anyone have a contact/gunsmith who can do this? Anybody ever done this before?

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't bother right now. Just order an actual legit Mosin sniper from Classic Arms. I'd get on that. God only knows how much longer they'll be in stock as it was a REALLY small import batch that recently happened = I've yet to see an importer's serial number on any of them that goes north of 99x.

Classic Arms has them for just shy of $600 after taxes right now and that's the best deal you're likely to see in a LOOOOOONG time. Fully legit soviet wartime sniper rifle, rearseneled in the 70s sometime. Scopes and rifles usually don't match each other, but were force matched during the rearsenal process. Good guns at a great price.

Once you work out the cost of the optics, mounts, and gunsmithing you're probably paying less this way and getting an actual purpose-produced sniper rifle rather than a gun that was produced for line infantry work.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Definitely good advice. My mosin sniper is an absolute tack driver. I'm a novice shooter and I get 1.5" groups with it. That's with less than a year of shooting rifles under my belt btw.

G

·
As the others have said I would just order one from Classic Arms, unless you are a nutter who collects PU scopes, theres really no reason to spend money on anything but a legit(if refurbished)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.