Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?

OK, back then, it was? But what's "the most powerful" now?

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
the .50bmg gun is fake...at least, that's what i read on the interwebz

i think the most powerful would have to be the .600 or .700 nitro revolvers (ones pictured above..but i've heard from a buddy they did one in .700 nitro as well)

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Screw all that. I'd love a 5-shot .480 Ruger single-action, tho. Just to shoot 400gr slugs at 900-1000fps.

I don't mind hot .41Mags or "Ruger only" .45LCs, but hate shooting the .44Mag & can't imagine I'd much enjoy a .460 or .500SW.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Call me a wimp, but I HATE shooting large bore handguns. Magnum revolvers invariably cut my thumb open. Worst one I ever shot was a 50 caliber Desert Eagle, it almost hit me on the top of the head. I still shot a much better group than my friend that owned it. Secret of good shooting is not to have a death grip on the firearm! But then, I just picked this up at a price I could not refuse..

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
My worst ,was a 45-70 in a Tc contender pistol with a 10 inch barrel.
There was no reason to shoot another shot.
Luckily it missed my face as it flew past.
My friend that shot it before me, didnt fare so well.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If there's anything more powerful than a S&W 500, I don't want to shoot it. Heck, I don't like shooting the 500! My co-worker always rents the darn thing at certain ranges, and I am always obligated to put a few rounds down range. After the first I've usually had my fill.

-Andrew

·
Registered
811 Posts
Can't remember the show, but it was like a funny video show- they had a rifle set up, and it literally knocked guys backwards. Pretty funny- but coulda been serious. One guy really busted his ...well...and I kept thinking, one of these guys is gonna have his nose a little too close...probably woulda knocked him out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.