Moving back to NC | Carolina Shooters Club

Moving back to NC

Discussion in 'NC Concealed Carry' started by Storz, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Storz

Storz Member

Howdy all. I lived in NC from 2007-2015, from 2010-2015 I had a valid NC CCW permit.

We moved back "home" to MI in 2015 and my NC permit expired, however in December of 2015 I got a valid MI CCW permit, which is valid through October of this year.

I am moving back to NC this June (while my MI permit is still valid) and would like to know if I need to retake the CCW class in NC in order to get the NC CCW permit again, or if I can apply for the permit based on fact that I had a valid NC CCW permit from 2010-2015

Thanks!

2. SkydivnShooter

SkydivnShooter Staff Member Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

3. Jeppo

Jeppo Member

Plus, as I understand the law, your current permit may not be valid here in NC as soon as you become a resident.

SkydivnShooter likes this.
  4. Storz

Storz Member

Appreciate the info, and that is what I figured. Thanks all.

5. Wills

Wills Registered Member

As a former LEO and current CCH instructor in NC my understanding of NC law is, since MI is reciprocity state with NC your permit will be honored here. Once you become a legal resident you must apply for a new NC permit and you are required to take the NC CCH course again as well as background check with the Sheriff in your county of residence. There is no provision for online classes. I teach classes in the student's home if they will host a class of 6 or more and then I provide the shooting portion in western Wake county. It is a one day class for $75.

Remmy likes this.