Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow over at Gunboards makes these... He's a retired vet I believe and while they aren't cheap, you're not likely to ever need to replace one. Made from a solid piece of aluminum, everything is nicely chamfered and there are even relief areas in each hole for the primer so it will never touch the bottom. Has little rubber feet on the bottom and as you can see the caliber is engraved on the side (both sides actually) I'm so asking for a few more of these for my birthday next month!

Totally over the top bling for my reloading area :D

Drinkware Office equipment Audio equipment Drink Ammunition

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think he charged me $35 + 6 shipping. Or if you get 2+ the total shipping up to like 11 blocks is $11. Again... not cheap compared to a $5-10 plastic one but I just had to have it. My brother in law wants to know what reloading stuff I want for my bday/christmas so I am putting a .223 version on the list for sure. If you want his info just shoot me a PM and I'll give you his email address.

·
Registered
101 Posts
"there are even relief areas in each hole for the primer so it will never touch the bottom"

I think the holes are so you can look to make sure you primed all your cases before you add the powder

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Mine is a plain ol' wood block, drilled out with a Forstner bit, which creates a flat hole AND a relief for the primer, although I don't know why you'd need one. Cost? About .10 and an hour of my time in the ol' shop.

·
Registered
816 Posts
thats alot nice than a 2x4 with holes drilled in it.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Nice work on the blocks and worth the the price but I figured out years ago how to get by without using them. Now if he made a comparable collet neck sizer die......

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That loading block looks nice, but I've had this shooting bug for a long time now. I still dive into the trash cans at the range I go to and pick out the empty plastic trays and use those for loading blocks. Call me a cheap bastard but I get to shoot more. Heck, the wife even rolls her eye's at me when I pull off the side of the road and jump out of the car to pick up a wheel weight that I spot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.